“great little hideaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Apalachicola
Buford, Georgia
“great little hideaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

very clean and spacious rooms for an older motel.the staff was very spot on , they told us alot about the city and very helpful on places to eat.the place was very dog friendly.the pool was outstanding...

Room Tip: large rooms and very very nice staff
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank buford927

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was our second stay at Rancho Inn in the last few months. We stayed several days both times. All the staff was very attentive and those housekeepers go beyond the call of duty. It may be older but the cleanliness is very refreshing. I have stayed in brand new, highly rated motels other places that were no where nearly as clean. I also love and appreciated the down home southern hospitality.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Marie_Bush
Tallahassee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

First I want to say never judge a book by it's cover. I have stayed at the Rancho for the past two years traveling on business and have found it to be a very clean, comfortable motel. The exterior needs work, but I have stayed in 5 star hotels and 2 star hotels and have never found a cleaner room. A little dated, but very comfortable. The only problem I have ever had there was with internet access, but a word to the front desk leads to the modem being rebooted and the internet problem is solved. I have read other reviews about the Rancho and frankly believe that many travelers are a little over critical. I love this friendly motel and have always been satisfied with my stay and will continue to stay in the future. If you are looking for 4 or 5 star hotel, this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for a comfortable motel, for a great price and willing to accept older decor that is as clean as any motel or hotel I have ever stayed in. Give the Rancho Inn a try. I think you will be pleasently surprised. There is no fitness center or restaurant

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nwflguy
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Came over from Pensacola to visit this beautiful area on Sat. July 21. Called ahead and rented a room. Room was ok, but when we went to bed, the person in the upstairs room was very noisy! He stomped back and forth at intervals all night long and his tv was so loud i put cotton in my ears to try to get some sleep Calls to the front desk were not answered and I left several messages during the nite. At 1 pm or so, I went to the front desk area and it was locked. No one on premises!
( at least none that answered the phone or door). I almost called 911 because I thought he might have needed medical help! Maybe they would know how to get in touch with the front desk! All this for 108.$ for the night!
Not a word was mentioned about my distress calls when I checked out the next morning. At that point I felt nothing , even a full refund, would have changed this stay into a positive experience
N E V E R will I stay here again!
Ps...added note.. Just went back this past weekend. (Sept.1-2) Stayed at the Best Western! What a big difference! Beautiful room, great staff, super helpful and it was Q U I E T ! I will stay at the Best Western again! And it was only 2$ more!

Room Tip: I will N E V E R stay here again!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
murfreesboro,Tn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

This was the only place we could find to stay during Labor day weekend. The non smoking room smelled of smoke. All the pictures in the room were the same cheap print. Wife said an empty soap wrapper was left in the bathroom from the prior person. There was no blanket on the bed. She said the room was dirty. The toilet seat was broken. The is the last place one would stay at!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Leesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family and I visit St. George Island and Apalachicola quite regularly. We have stayed in several different places on the island and this past weekend we stayed at the Rancho Inn. The process of checking in took all of about 5 minutes. The lady at the desk was very nice! She saw that we had children with us so when she asked smoking or non she said you don't want a smoking room with children do you? Nope. She was so right! The pool was refreshing and the children enjoyed themselves. The room was clean and very nice compared to the Inn on the island. The beds were very comfortable, bathroom was clean. We have NO complaints. I would like to make a suggestion to the person that didn't get any sleep. If you knew the people were under age drinking you should have called the police.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank June C
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed two nights, the first was fine. The second terrible, the guests next room had a party that was way out of control...very loud, and too many people. When we called the front desk no answer (I guess someone was sleeping). We were left to deal with problem on our own which went on all night. When I told the front desk the next morning all I got were excuses that the owners were out of town and that the owners mother was in charge and that when they have no vacancies they turn the answering machines down, which is why they didn't hear my calls for help. If you want sleep you may want a place with security!!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Kddees
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apalachicola
BEST WESTERN Apalach Inn
#2 of 5 in Apalachicola
Port Inn
Port Inn
#1 of 7 in Port Saint Joe

Been to Rancho Inn? Share your experiences!