“A great place to stay”
Review of Rancho Inn

Rancho Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Apalachicola
Reviewed December 25, 2011

A year ago I had to handle some important family business in Apalachicola. I read one review about the motel, the fact that it is dog friendly and the woman that owns the motel Mary Lynn Rodgers and decided to call. When I arrived extremely late she had already made arrangements for me to be able to get into my room. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, big Tv's with all the good channels, the pool was very clean, they have speedy WiFi, and even though there is no breakfast Mary Lynn knows all of the best places to go to in town. I have since brought two of my friends with me and we all had a relaxing fun time. The staff and the management were so nice and welcoming. I have stayed there 5 times this year and feel as if I have made a few great friends for life.

Room Tip: They have a variety of rooms. Smoking, Non smoking, room with jacuzzi, and rooms with more than one...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank madamtrill

Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights mid November, good rate and room very comfortable.
All management and staff lovely and had good conversations with all and got lots of good advice for the area. Would definitely go back and stay longer.

Room Tip: Get near the office for wifi.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2011

When you 1st pull up to this hotel, you notice right away that it's an older hotel. However, the minute you walk in the door, you realize it's as nice & clean as the finer chain hotels with all the bells & whistles. The employees are friendly, and go above & beyond on customer service.In addition to their excellent hospitality, With the event in the area that I participated in going into late morning, they extended their checkout time to allow everyone plenty of time for cleaning up & checking out. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed October 15, 2011

glad that we did, arrived early eve after a long drive. The owner checked us in after insisting we looked at the room, which was huge, king size bed and very clean. We ate a reasonably priced meal at the Red Roof cafe next door and got our supplies from the petrol station opposite. Then spent an enjoyable evening at the pool with some of the friendly locals. The pool is small but very clean and lovely and warm for this cold English lady! We had a good nights sleep even though the motel is on the main road, traffic was very light. Thanks to owner for making us welcome and we will be back if we are that area again

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We didn't get in until after midnight and they got us checked in fast, it was wonderful. They were the best priced hotel in the area and it was an amazing stay. The pool was clean and they even had pool toys which made our kids time spent a ton of fun. The rooms were clean and the people were so friendly and personable. If you have to stay in this charming little town, I highly recommend the Rancho who wants true hospitality. May God Bless these people

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Unfortunately we only ended up here on the last night of our vacation because someone told us NOT to stay here. It reminded me of small town motels from past. It looked a lot better on inside so don't judge from outside. It was clean & quiet. I stayed here with 3 dogs & 2 kids & got up at 4:00 to walk dogs. Beautiful area with nice spots to walk & a gas station/convenience store right across the street. Just wished I would not have listened to the lady that told me not to stay there. We will definitely be back. It was so peaceful. They must not allow trashy people there because we stayed other cheaper motels in Panama city & there were drunks, & other losers. Enjoy the beach!!!!!! I'm back in Kansas City wishing I was there at The Rancho!!!!!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2011

we enjoyed our stay; had a nice room: king bed, jacuzzi tub. All clean, all tidy (and I am a housekeeper and checked corners). Nice pool. Much better inside than the outside led us to believe!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apalachicola
Best Western Apalach Inn
#2 of 2 in St. George Island
St George Inn
St George Inn
#1 of 2 in St. George Island

Been to Rancho Inn? Share your experiences!