“happy once again in room 23”

and 1 more site!
Apalachicola River Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Apalachicola B&B and Inns
Ontario
“happy once again in room 23”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Visited Nov 7-11 2013 and my wife and I were completely satisfied as we were during our similar visit to Apalach last year at this time
.Sorry if someone with allergies had dust balls; I am surprised to read that . Our room , linen ,etc, has been first rate both trips. Sometimes stuff happens, sorry it was you.

We flew from Detroit on a park and fly @ a chain motel. Had to call the front desk @ 10:00 PM because of the small spider nest visible on the floor behind the toilet when we checked in. It was 40 degrees and the maintenance worker explained that you really can't stop the "critters" from getting in. It was much warmer in Apalach and there were NO CRITTERS in our room when we checked in at 3:00pm.
Once again we had a great stay and enjoyed the entire town for the weekend. The staff at The River Inn treats us as well as any big city ,big name hotel in many other locations we have visited and enjoyed. People need to understand this is not the "Hyatt Regency". We have ,nonetheless, enjoyed both stays.
Best breakfast environment anywhere.
Oops, really need WI Fi in this day and age.

Thanks Angel and all staff.

Room Tip: Book away from Karaoke bar on weekends.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barrnell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great inn-right on the water with spectacular views. The staff was professional and gracious. I had requested a queen size bed but was given two doubles-the lady at the desk wasn't able to give me the queen I requested, but gave us two complimentary drinks from the lounge. We were fine with the mess up and didn't really care as the drive was long and I wanted to try some amazing oysters which we did at one of the restaurants on site. The room was very cute and clean; however, the bed was not very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed in room 22 on October 28, 2013. We checked in late in day around dinner time. As we got ready for bed around 10:15pm we noticed a lot of dust balls hanging from ceiling. I had already noticed dust on a chair near ac and bedside table. I was concerned as to the amount of dust on ceiling and fan as to allergies. We could not sleep and was up all night. We were told the office closed at 9:00pm and so we could not speak to anyone. Upon check out the next morning I spoke to the young lady at the desk and explained the problems. She said she was sorry and would leave a message for the manager. No one had time to go to the room with me to inspect the problems. I was told the manager would call me that day after one. The next day 30th I called because no one had called me. I was told by the manager Bev that the head housekeeper and another staff person check the room and could not find any problems. They could only see one area of dust and they are sorry. The manager said I was not being truthful and they could not discount rooms everytime someone complained.. It would have been nice if she would have just owned the dirty room and took care of it. The manager is not professional at all and the cleaning person must be blind or does not know the difference from clean or dirty. I did not even ask for a refund before I was told I was being untruthful. I was also told they clean the fans and ceiling once a week. My house does not get dust balls on ceiling and fans builtup in just one week.

Room Tip: inspect entire room before checking in
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Patricia C
oystr, Owner at Apalachicola River Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
The Apalachicola River Inn has been awarded a Certificate of Excellence for 2013 by trip advisor, the third such award in a row. Please check our website Apalachicola River Inn to see our rooms, and please visit us at the inn to see our rooms. Dear Beverly has been an employee at the inn for 15 years. Respectfully Caroline and Larry Maddren owners
Destin, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The River Inn was everything I had hoped for. The rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed. The view was wonderful. We stayed in an upstairs end unit and it was delightful to watch the sun come up over the river and of course the boats docked along the waterfront. Breakfast in the onsite restaurant the next morning was very good, as was the service. I would definitely book a room there again!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the corner upstairs room because it was spacious and the view was spectacular.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
oystr, Owner at Apalachicola River Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. This review came from your heart. We have endeavored for 23 years to make this property exactly as you described. After all we love it also. Come see our one of a kind Inn on the river. If it is not for you well no harm done. But we will promise you beautifully appointed rooms in a one of a kind setting. The words is out. We have the best breakfast in the panhandle of Florida and it is included with your stay. Come see the Apalachicola River Inn come see our waterfront rooms Caroline P.S. Our inn has been award the certificate of excellence on Tripadivsor for the last 3 years' this distinction places us in the top 10 favored reviews on the planet come see our inn Caroline and Larry
Louisville, Ky.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I love Apalachicola, Florida. It's just out of the way enough that it has retained its charm while so many others have become dull. It's a great little town with an impressive amount of history at every turn.

I stayed at the Apalachicola River Inn and had a good experience overall. The best attributes include the location (right on the river...so much so, you feel like your over the water if your on your screened in balcony) and the large rooms.

But, please, do yourself a favor and come here with the right expectations. This is not a HIlton nor a Hampton Inn. This place has some age to it and, thus, has plenty of character to it, like the weathered exterior stairs to the 2nd floor and the rustic appearance. I love these characteristics personally and really enjoyed my time here. However, I know there are some who would not unless they came expecting it. That's why I felt my review detail was important to bring it up.

Another plus; two restaurants here; Boss Oyster and The Waters Edge are both here for your convenience. There is also a bar where I learned that the locals come and hangout after the days work. A few of them were kind enough to include this lone traveller in their conversations while the others just weren't as interested (which is, of course, fine).

Unique charm, plenty of character and the many little quirks that go along with that.

Room Tip: Make reservations before you come! They book up for events (weddings, civil war reenactments, etc...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Havana, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I just got back from spending an evening at the River Inn and enjoying all the wonderful seafood that defines this little community. The inn was just lovely. The rooms look recently updated and are decorated in bright, festive colors. The bathroom was clean and as welcoming as the rest of the room with its multi-colored tile and ribbon wrapped towels. We really enjoyed the delicious breakfast which came gratis with the room. Although the room may seem a bit pricey for the amenities it provides, we enjoyed 2 wonderful breakfasts and a bottle of bubbly as part of the package. Factoring in the money saved there, I thought the price quite reasonable. The staff at the hotel and both Caroline's and Bosses Restaurants were all exceptionally accomodating and friendly. If you want to lounge on the deck sipping your drink of choice and enjoying the river and bridge views, this is absolutley the best place to do it. We will certainly be going back as soon as we have the chance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mary j
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I spent my summers growing up in Apalachicola and wanted to take my husband there to show him how absolutely "laid back wonderful" of a place it is. I found the River Inn on online and thought it would be perfect but it said the dates I wanted were sold out. I decided last minute to call and ask and thank God I did! I spoke with Angel who helped me book our two nights and even recommended a second floor room which was much appreciated because it was screened in! We arrived there and were blown away by the view and the room! Everything was perfect, Angel was there and was the best, extremely helpful and friendly, I felt like we were with family staying there! Boss Oyster had amazing seafood and wonderful waitresses (thank you Tracy and Kristi) and Caroline's breakfast was to die for!! We will be going back in the Fall and we will be booking a room here, absolutely loved it!! Thank you for making us feel like family and thank you for the jewel you have created with your Inn! I would recommend this amazing place to anyone!

Room Tip: perfect shopping/eating within walking distance. Take a stroll down to where the boats are and the s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apalachicola
Gibson Inn
#2 of 7 in Port Saint Joe
Port Inn
Port Inn
#1 of 7 in Port Saint Joe

Been to Apalachicola River Inn? Share your experiences!