“Awesome time!”

Capt. Gill's River Cruises
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My family and I (along with our dog) spent some time out on the river with Captain Gill during our recent trip and couldn't have had a better time! Captain Gill makes you feel like a friend and enjoys sharing his knowledge. It is very apparent that he loves the beautiful area and wildlife. This experience is totally worth it and we can't wait until our next trip!

2  Thank IrishIs69

Reviewed March 30, 2014

planning a trip with capt gill for may '14 and realized forgot to review last years trip. just wonderful, very informative, and some of the best money spent for stuff while on vacation. we got some very nice photos. he's a very knowledgeable guide and he shows you a part of the "forgotten coast" that made memories when the area was not so forgotten. only got the 2 hour package but we are looking to do the 4 hour trip this time

2  Thank mrgorgonslayer
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Was just my husband and I but being on the River and hearing about the history of Apalachicola from Capt. Gill was such a treat. You don't begin to know the area until you are out on the water and go further up river to see the beauty that is all around you. Such a special place. Capt. Gill could not have been more accommodating, I love to ask lots of questions about what I am seeing and he was happy to educate us with a true gentleman's warmth. This trip is not to be missed !

2  Thank quoguegmail
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Much better than I expected: I had read lots about Capt Gill and the River Cruises... so I booked a cruise for last week for our little family; 2 boys 9 and 7 and myself and husband and my parents and their dog. Below are my observations of the cruise and things we liked...
1) the boat 'Lily' is great size and has an 'inside' for climate control. This was very very good as the day we went out it had started out very cool and I was cold - so having ability to be sheltered from cold and still see out the many windows was great way to still enjoy the cruise.
2) seats in the boat are comfy for us all including the dog.
3) Captn Gill is very knowledgeable about the river, the history and the wildlife. We were able to see bald eagle's nests and alligator nests and many other beautiful sites.
4) The cost and the duration of cruise was perfect for kids / seniors (2 hours). Capt Gill offers longer duration cruises but this was the one we selected and it was perfect for us.
5) We learned so much about the many connected rivers of Apalach - can't wait to return and explore some more!!

5  Thank dmacbean
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Captain Gill's trip is not to be missed! We've cruised on this relaxing boat several times and have enjoyed each and every trip. Captain Gill puts you at ease with his extensive knowledge of the waterways and wildlife. He tells great stories and we really felt welcome on his boat. All the wildlife are currently coming out of hibernation from a long winters nap. We were able to see a mama alligator nesting,lots of osprey and eagles, blue herring and king fishers, the waters were busy and the sky was full! It was very exciting and we got lots of great pictures. It's the perfect time of year to be out on the boat, we hope we can do it again real soon, thanks Captain Gill for a great day!!

1  Thank ChristinC