“Perfect for Relaxing Family Time (and dog)”

Capt. Gill's River Cruises
FL
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Perfect for Relaxing Family Time (and dog)”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Much better than I expected: I had read lots about Capt Gill and the River Cruises... so I booked a cruise for last week for our little family; 2 boys 9 and 7 and myself and husband and my parents and their dog. Below are my observations of the cruise and things we liked...
1) the boat 'Lily' is great size and has an 'inside' for climate control. This was very very good as the day we went out it had started out very cool and I was cold - so having ability to be sheltered from cold and still see out the many windows was great way to still enjoy the cruise.
2) seats in the boat are comfy for us all including the dog.
3) Captn Gill is very knowledgeable about the river, the history and the wildlife. We were able to see bald eagle's nests and alligator nests and many other beautiful sites.
4) The cost and the duration of cruise was perfect for kids / seniors (2 hours). Capt Gill offers longer duration cruises but this was the one we selected and it was perfect for us.
5) We learned so much about the many connected rivers of Apalach - can't wait to return and explore some more!!

Visited March 2013
5 Thank dmacbean

Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing trip, best time in Apalachicola!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Captain Gill's trip is not to be missed! We've cruised on this relaxing boat several times and have enjoyed each and every trip. Captain Gill puts you at ease with his extensive knowledge of the waterways and wildlife. He tells great stories and we really felt welcome on his boat. All the wildlife are currently coming out of hibernation from a long winters nap. We were able to see a mama alligator nesting,lots of osprey and eagles, blue herring and king fishers, the waters were busy and the sky was full! It was very exciting and we got lots of great pictures. It's the perfect time of year to be out on the boat, we hope we can do it again real soon, thanks Captain Gill for a great day!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ChristinC
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"an unbelievable experience"”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

...an unbelievable experience, not to be missed. Captain Gill's commentary is full rich and fascinating detail and full of local lore. We brought our two dogs and had a great time.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Nephtali S
Chattanooga, TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful and Unique Opportunity....Don't Miss!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and I wanted to see the Estuary and especially the wildlife and some local lore. Well, Captain Gill's the way to go. Don't bother unless you do the 4 hour cruise-every moment was worth it. We saw eagles, osprey, a rare kite, their nests and of course, alligator. He told us a lot about the area and a few little gossipy things as well :)...The boat is great and comfortable. We're not "sun" folks, so were grateful to have a choice to be outside when we wanted and inside when we didn't. This would be kid friendly as well or as a group. My husband and I just wanted to be alone as we were celebrating our anniversary. Kudos to Captain Gill and the fabulous pictures his wife takes (be sure to ask him about that)! Perfect all the way around.

Visited May 2012
6 Thank Chattanooga_9
Apalachicola, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“one of a kind!!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Taking a cruise with Captain Gill is like nothing else! Incredible scenery,comfortable surroundings, and fascinating commentary. We have cruised with Gill several times, and each time is a new adventure. Lots of wildlife at every twist and turn of the lazy river will make you return again and again.Bring your family and enjoy!!

Visited February 2012