Much better than I expected: I had read lots about Capt Gill and the River Cruises... so I booked a cruise for last week for our little family; 2 boys 9 and 7 and myself and husband and my parents and their dog. Below are my observations of the cruise and things we liked...
1) the boat 'Lily' is great size and has an 'inside' for climate control. This was very very good as the day we went out it had started out very cool and I was cold - so having ability to be sheltered from cold and still see out the many windows was great way to still enjoy the cruise.
2) seats in the boat are comfy for us all including the dog.
3) Captn Gill is very knowledgeable about the river, the history and the wildlife. We were able to see bald eagle's nests and alligator nests and many other beautiful sites.
4) The cost and the duration of cruise was perfect for kids / seniors (2 hours). Capt Gill offers longer duration cruises but this was the one we selected and it was perfect for us.
5) We learned so much about the many connected rivers of Apalach - can't wait to return and explore some more!!