“Awesome food. Good taste. Don't expect much in the the way of hospitality.”
Review of AJ's Neighborhood Bar & Grill - CLOSED

AJ's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Soul Food. Sea Food. Good Food. Off the beaten path. No frills. Nothing fancy. Just good food! Family recipes and the best fried chicken ever!
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Burger was huge and juicy! Chicken is amazing! Sides are true soul food. Waitress was more worried about Maury povich than taking care of us. Cola is in the can and it's a buck each. No free refills unless you drink water or tea.

1  Thank Randy S

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went for dinner and had fried chicken and it tasted like my grandmother's fried chicken! it was crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Perfectly cooked. Had to wait for them to cook it and it was well worth it. I much prefer to wait and have it cooked fresh then to have it cooked early and put under a heat lamp. We want to go back for the lunch buffet and see if they have more of my grandma's recipes!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Everything in Apalachicola was either closed or about to close when we went looking for food. We decided to check this place out in the hopes that it was still open. We arrived at about 9:25 and it was empty. My husband asked if they were still open and they told us to come on in. We later found out from the cook that they have a policy that if you come in the door they will feed you. "Now if y'all called, we would have told you we were closed". What great people - friendly, chatty and attentive. We ordered the fried chicken with sides of mac&cheese, green beans (out of collard greens) and fries. The owner us let us know that everything is made to order so it would be a little while (it was not long at all). I don't care how long I would have had to wait, it was delicious. Hot and yummy, there are not enough adjectives to describe the food. It is not in the hear tof town but it is more than worth the trip to find it. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were staying on st george island and looked at trip advisor for a place to eat and saw AJs had some good reviews. Now I don't know if we just went on and out of ordinary day but the service was soooooooo slow. When we first orded we ordered 3 appetizers, nachos, chicken livers, green tomatoes. Each were good. We then ordered our entrees in which we told they were out of fried okra and cole slaw. So we made the choices as needed. Then after a wait the waitress came out to tell my husband they were also out of 2 of his 4 seafood sampler so he switched to a ribeye. My daughters salad was brought out by itself, she ate, then my shrimp and chicken dinner was brought out and now I was the only one eating and then after a long wait and I finished my food my husbands ribeye was brought out. My shrimp/chicken was less than average but the ribeye was the best! And husband said the mac and cheese was the best he had eating out. So I'm hoping this service is not the norm. Waitress was very courteous just soo slow.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Miss Maxine and her son Rodney were so welcoming and let me tell you that lady can sing! The fried chicken and the house salad was so good we cannot wait to go back!