“Didn't live up to expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of AJ's Neighborhood Bar & Grill - CLOSED

AJ's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Soul Food. Sea Food. Good Food. Off the beaten path. No frills. Nothing fancy. Just good food! Family recipes and the best fried chicken ever!
“Didn't live up to expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were staying on st george island and looked at trip advisor for a place to eat and saw AJs had some good reviews. Now I don't know if we just went on and out of ordinary day but the service was soooooooo slow. When we first orded we ordered 3 appetizers, nachos, chicken livers, green tomatoes. Each were good. We then ordered our entrees in which we told they were out of fried okra and cole slaw. So we made the choices as needed. Then after a wait the waitress came out to tell my husband they were also out of 2 of his 4 seafood sampler so he switched to a ribeye. My daughters salad was brought out by itself, she ate, then my shrimp and chicken dinner was brought out and now I was the only one eating and then after a long wait and I finished my food my husbands ribeye was brought out. My shrimp/chicken was less than average but the ribeye was the best! And husband said the mac and cheese was the best he had eating out. So I'm hoping this service is not the norm. Waitress was very courteous just soo slow.

Coppell, Texas
“We Love AJ's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Miss Maxine and her son Rodney were so welcoming and let me tell you that lady can sing! The fried chicken and the house salad was so good we cannot wait to go back!

Visited July 2012
St. George Island, Florida
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

This restaurant is a little hard to find but worth it! The food is AMAZING, not expensive, and you get your moneys worth! The portions are really good sized. All the food comes hot and you can tell it is fresh. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited July 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

As a local I go to AJ's Bar & Grill quite a bit. The food is consistently good as well as the service. It isn't in the typical down town area many people visit, so you must get off the beaten path to find this restaurant. I guarantee once you do it will be a favorite! Wonderful home cooked, stick to your ribs, southern dishes! The lunch buffet every day is NEVER a disappointment. If you get a chance to try their wings, potato salad or key lime pie, then PLEASE DO. Yum!

• Visited July 2012
Apalachicola, Florida
“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

best burger and pork chop sandwich anywhere in the state of florida

Visited May 2012