“Raw Bar with a View”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Up The Creek was a casual on the river family dining experience in Apalachicola.
Great fresh raw oysters!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

The food was good. View is amazing. The service sucks. The waitresses made us feel like we were an inconvenience to them. Unfortunate because they really do have the best oysters in town.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Of all the places we ate on our vacation, this was a favorite! A bit unusual, in that the atmosphere is laid back, but the food is not. The place is on the river front, and much of the seating is outdoor overlooking the brackish water. Upon arriving, you place your order at the counter, which is very fast-food feeling, but believe me, the food is fine. The menu is an amazing smorgasbord of seafood delights, and the drink menu is just divine.

I ordered a cup of delish lobster bisque and conch pancakes. My husband had his first even raw oysters (THAT was amusing to watch) and my son ordered a Gulf shrimp basket, fried. The hushpuppies were amazing. The 10 Gulf shrimp basket was almost $20, that was a surprise. Yikes. And he didn't even eat them all. My husband and I had to finish them off (so sad for us!). Everything we ordered was just amazing. We also sat and overlooked the river - and caught sight of alligator in the water!

It was just a beautiful place, and though it was very busy, we still managed to snag great seats.

I highly recommend!

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Up the creek is my kind of place, lots of good food, drinks, great staff and a great view. I honestly can say this restaurant made my trip.

We had 4 different types of oysters for appetizer. For the main course, we had crab cakes, lobster tacos, salmon and bacon sandwiches. Everything was cooked perfectly, one sandwich came out with mayo that we asked to hold but they quickly fixed. Alligator stew was so tasty.

Home made pies to finish the meal off hit the spot.

1  Thank RussLisaand3
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I don't eat raw oysters but the Crab Cakes were delicious! I liked the setting- nice to look out over the water while we ate. Nice to be welcomed and informed about specials, etc. A great Florida experience!