“had to give a try - give it a try”

Up the Creek Raw Bar
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed September 9, 2013

went by this one several times. I am glad we stopped by. The view from the second floor restaurant was stunning. The staff was very friendly and helpful. the drinks were reasonably priced although a little on the small size but priced well. The food was good. I had the fried fish of the day, which was amberjack, I was pleasantly surprised. I had the salad bar as the side which was a good choice since I could pile it on, the salad bare was basic but good and I was happy to see some sort of sprouts which were very tasty. Two of the other parties had grilled shrimp which was also very good.

There are newer reviews for Up the Creek Raw Bar

Reviewed September 9, 2013

everyone in town raves about this place. It was right up in line with the other restaurants. Good service, good oysters.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is the second year we have eaten at Up the Creek on vacation. We came back this year because last year the oysters were so good and we thought of leaving upon hearing there were no fresh oysters to be had as the bay was closed. But we stayed and had the tuna dip, egg rolls and crab cakes. The tuna dip was fabulous- my 2 and 4 year old devoured it. The crab cakes were moist and full of meat instead of just filler and were served with fried green tomatoes that were crisp and delicious with the remoulade from the salad bar. I wasn't crazy about the egg rolls, although I thought the chili sauce they were served with was quite good- they just lacked flavor in and of themselves. You pretty much serve yourself here. We'll be back and hopefully, so will the oysters!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

They are not equipped for a party larger than 4. When you get your seat and then have to get back up to order, you seat gets taken by other patrons and you have to argue in who got there first. Why have waitresses bring out your food when they could easily take your order at the table also as we'll as take the payment without playing musical chairs. It just seemed unorganized for a busy dinner meal.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Casual, all inclusive, atmosphere, reflects on the 'forgotten coast' eagerness to welcome all to the joys of the Florida panhandle. The oysters come from local Apalachee Bay oyster boats, and are some of the finest in the world. A small cup of gator chilli, glass of pinot and a couple dozen fresh shucked oysters on the half shell, all consumed on the outdoor porch over the boat marina: a captivating event hard to top. I found the staff busy but personable and friendly. During my visits, a social aura prevailed among the fellow diners adding a pleasant element hard to match . The porch at sunset, offers a vista of the river life, as daytime aquatic activities settle down for night. Apalachicola is a great area, with many points of interest, 'Up The Creek' is one of the points.