“Nice relaxing lunch by the water.”

Up the Creek Raw Bar
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
“Nice relaxing lunch by the water.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the food. Everything we tried we loved. Yummy fried green tomatoes with a crabcake which was very good. Steamed clams were just the way my husband and kids like. Chowder was very tasty as well.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Unpretentious place with great local seafood. Has some different selections for those that don't eat seafood. Loved the Parmesan oysters and the chocolate pecan pie. Great view of the river.

Food is ordered at the counter and the friendly staff brings it to your table. On the second floor but there is an elevator.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Don't let the outside fool you!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

When we first pulled up to this place last year, we left. We have kids and the only thing you can tell from this place are the signs. One of them says "Hard Likker" spelled just like that. SO, we thought it was a bar with food. Last winter, my husband and I went back alone and decided to try it. We really liked it. We then took our kids back this summer. The restaurant is actually up the stairs. The only strange part is that you order at the counter and pay at the counter. You choose your own seating. They have a very nice inside area. They have a covered and screened-in deck with ceiling fans (our choice), and a small outer, uncovered deck. Dogs are allowed at least at the outer deck. They have great, unique daily seafood specials including things like Cajun oysters, crabcakes, Grouper bites, etc. They also have a menu to choose from. The conch cakes were sweet and very good. The fried green beans are yummy. Great draft and bottled beer, and full bar. The view is over the marsh and river- beautiful. I've eaten almost everywhere in Apalachicola, and this is a good one! I'm only giving it 4 stars because the raw oysters could've been colder, and my steamed ones could've been hotter.

Visited July 2013
Tennessee
“Avoid if you don't like fish”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I realize this place has wonderful reviews from people who love seafood. But if you're someone like me who doesn't like to eat or smell fish, I would suggest you stay away. All of their food is prepared in the same areas and fried in the same grease, so it ALL tastes and smells like fish. Order chicken and it smells/tastes like fish. Even the french fries! Some of my family members like seafood, so that's why we ended up here. However, there are other restaurants where they can order seafood and I can order chicken or beef without it tasting like fish. So I'm adding this review to warn anyone who shares my dislike of fishy foods.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TNharleychick
Dawson, Georgia
“Simple straight to the point ...delicious!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was our first time to Up the Creek, we had the classic oysters and we each had an order of the crab cakes. It was all very good. It comes to you plain and simple, when you order oysters you get oysters (and crackers) no two side dishes, no bread etc. but you don't need them, they stand alone! Our dozen of oysters were more like 16 oysters. When you first drive up, you think oh this is it? But up the stairs and it transforms (and they have an elevator if needed) ....gotta get a tshirt too...