“Consistently good food and service!”

Up the Creek Raw Bar
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Read an impressive article in The Atlanta Journal and Constitution Sunday newspaper about Chef Brett at Up The Creek Raw Bar and he met all expectations when we dined there. After Cissy's recommendation, I ordered the alligator empanadas and was certainly glad I did! The inside was savory and tasty and the outside had a golden flaky crust. I had a trio of hot to mild sauces served on the side which was perfect because I could choose how hot and spicy I wanted it. My husband had the head-on large steamed shrimp that were sweet and buttery. This is a "never fail" restaurant because you can always find something on the menu that you LOVE!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food is fine but this is a very casual place on the upper floor of a building near the fish processing plants. Try the alligator chili with a kick! All the oysters are fresh off the boat and they shuck them as you order them. Very delicious!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just had lunch, Gator white bean chili and Bloody Marys. Sooo good, We will be back for diner. Very good service also. Thanks

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We usually stop at Papa Joe's to get our raw oyster fix when in Apalach, but they were closed on Sunday so we tried Up the Creek for the first time based on TA reviews (and the fact it was the only place open). The drill here is they hand you a menu when you walk in and you order at the counter. Specials are printed on a board by the counter. Soft drinks are self serve near the same area as is the salad bar. Beer and mixed drinks are served at the counter also. We were only getting raw ones, so we placed the order, were handed a number stand, picked out a table and waited for the food, which arrived fairly quickly. The setup here works pretty well if they're not busy, but I did notice that the front area can get jammed up with people who are trying to figure out what they want mixed in with those who are ordering and those trying to get to the salad bar, drink machine, etc. Napkins, utensils, and tarter sauce/horseradish for oysters are all self serve here too. As for the oysters, they were top notch, cold, sweet and mostly of large size; the equal of those served at PJ's and the same price. I can't speak about the quality of the other food, but Up the creek is a good choice for oysters and a good experience once you learn how to get around.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband both ordered peel and eat shrimp. It is served heads on. It was excellent!! My husband and I eat a lot of seafood and this was among the best. The staff was also friendly and efficient.