“Locals Recommend This Place for a Reason”

Up the Creek Raw Bar
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Apalachicola
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The locals we spoke to didn't stutter a bit when we asked for a seafood restaurant recommendation: Up the Creek was the first place mentioned every time. The shrimp, avocado, and black bean salsa is very good, but could be spicier to suit my taste. Adding some hot sauce solved that for me. Unfortunately, it was also so filling that I didn't have room to try anything else. I suppose I could have stopped eating it sooner, but did I mention how good it was? My husband had a salad with grilled grouper that he said was fresh and perfectly cooked. The staff was very friendly and helpful to us. We'll go back to try other menu items.

There are newer reviews for Up the Creek Raw Bar

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Fish of the day was carp of the day. Wife's shrimp was good. A little on the dirty side the place could be spiffed up. September 24th 2012 very little on the special board.

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The view is the only good thing about this restaurant. You have to order at counter when you need something, food or drinks. The people working there are very rude. I wasn't sure how their system worked for getting food or more drinks. I was told after the initial purchase I could get more food or drinks from waitress. That was not so! She bit my head off when I asked for some wings. Wow! I'm a tourist spending my money in their restaurant! NOT. Let me just say, what is the point of me ordering at counter and them bringing me my order continually? We were eating oysters and wings etc wanting several different kinds and not everything at once. I didn't want to go in and stand in line every time I need an app or a beer. After all that they still want a tip!!! Here is my tip, eat at Papa Joe's

Reviewed September 21, 2012

had my first oysters here and enjoied them very much, had all the family with me and we ate on the outside deck overlooking the river and will return again when we visit, dont forget to take home a tshirt.

1  Thank Rick M
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for afternoon snack, dozen raw and shrimp , acocado & black bead salsa and chips, hit the spot with great staff. Sure you have to go to the counter to place your order, but big deal, when the people care about you and the food they have prepared, you know you are at the right place, we will be back tonight!

1  Thank JDW56