“WE HAD A GREAT TIME”

Ranked #1 of 3 Apalachicola B&B and Inns
rockledge fl.
“WE HAD A GREAT TIME”
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I stayed at the Coombs inn with my parents and sister..We enjoyed our stay very much. the rooms were very nice and the breakfast was very good .the location was close to everything that we wanted to see.I will be going back again..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2009

If you want nothing but R&R then Apalachacola is where you need to go. If you love seafood particularly oysters then it is a must. This is a very sleepy town which made the stay even more perfect. Rooms are decorated very tastefully.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Chipley, FL
Reviewed September 29, 2009

My handsome son and his incredibly beautiful bride just had their wedding at the Coombs House Inn. The staff treated them and us (immediate families) like we were royalty. Everytime a member of the staff saw me they would ask if there was anything I needed for me personally and for the wedding.

The renovations, remodeling, and modern upgrades on the old Victorian homes are masterful. Which make the accomodations more than luxurious and the amenities too numerous to count. Breakfast every morning was a gournet's delight. The fluffiest, lightest eggs I've ever eaten, fabulous wines, then cookies and milk to boot. My bed was like sleeping on a cloud and they even went out of their way to see that Scruffy (my pomeranian) was comfortable.

If I could find one thing to change or improve it would be the ability to control the thermostat in my room. The VIlla where I stayed does have central heating and air conditioning and it was cool. However, I do usually like my accomodations cooler than most folks.

My birthday is in November and I've already started planning to celebrate it in Apalachicola at the Coombs House Inn!

Maybe I'll see you there,
Linda

• Stayed September 2009
Bonaire, GA
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We couldn't have asked for more! Great location, a short, short walk from main street. The historic neighborhood was beautifully preserved. The Coombs Inn itself is gorgeous. While we were there another couple staying there got married on the property. I wish I had known about it for my wedding as the grounds are very well kept. The innkeepers were great. Breakfast the first day was an omelet casserole and the second morning we had french toast. Delicious! The inn also had complementary beach towels, umbrellas, and bicycles, all of which we used. The front porch is the perfect place to sit back and enjoy Florida. The room we stayed in was decroated perfectly and the bed was so comfortable we checked the mattress so we could purchase one for our home. We will be staying here again!

Pensacola
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This was our first experience in a B&B, and we obviously chose well. The accomodations were beautiful, the staff extremely attentive and informative, the prices reasonable, and local charm was everywhere. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, and recommendations for seafood in town were right on the money. We will happily return to Coombs House Inn, and we will seek other B&Bs in our travels. Hotels and motels cannot compete with this experience.

Georgia
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I loved the victorian style rooms and the breakfast. It was like going back in time. The Inn keepers were helpful and friendly for the most part, but they did seem to get a little mixed up on our reservations a few times. The rooms were great but could have been a little cleaner (the ants and the whirlpool tub). Overall I would recommend it to friends and I will also come back to stay at the inn in the future.

florida
Reviewed September 15, 2009

This was our first time staying in a bed and breakfast. This was a wonderful experience. Love the fact that we were able to book on a special the hotel was running.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apalachicola
Gibson Inn
#2 of 7 in Port Saint Joe
Port Inn
Port Inn
#1 of 7 in Port Saint Joe

Been to Coombs House Inn? Share your experiences!