“Not for me...”

Harry's Grill
Ranked #10 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Casual & affordable family friendly atmosphere with a pet friendly patio. Breakfast from November thru July, lunch and dinner all year round. We have the BEST burger on the Island as rated by our customers. A great variety of wines and local breweries on tap as well as our 30 different ice cold craft beer fridge considered by some a brew snobs help yourself heaven! Our pet friendly patio is great for our friends who wish to dine with their entire family.
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Not for me...”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We ate here whilst holidaying on AMI after reading the great reviews on TA.

And all I can say is that it appears that my idea of a "great restaurant" is very, VERY, different to that of my fellow reviewers!

Harry's is small with just about 8 tables inside and the same in a courtyard to the side.

Service was pleasant enough - managed by two really young guys who did a decent enough job.

The food was ok - it is a cafe not a restaurant and so yes food ok, when I judge it against cafés, but why serve it on plastic plates with plastic knives and forks? I am not eating in a Food Court - are they worried about theft on AMI?!!

My wife and I both had burgers and both were medium although I asked for mine to be medium rare. Taste was ok so no worries but the kids thoroughly enjoyed me hacking through the pickle and tomato with a four inch plastic knife!

The kids food was the staple of chicken tenders and fries. They commented that it was ok but not the best (tough crowd!).

We saw the sign on the door saying Key Lime Pie Co so asked to see a dessert list and we were told hat they don't do desserts. Well take the damn sticker off the door then!!

I have just read the very honest blog from the new owners that they have on their website. I love restaurants and bars and because of work spend my life in them - I wish them all the very best of success but this is not even in the top 10 of restaurants we dined at during our stay on AMI.

3 Thank JW1000M
Machelle S, Owner at Harry's Grill, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Hello. Thank you for visiting Harry's Grill on your recent trip to the island and thank your for taking the time to give us a review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your meal with us. I wish we had known your hamburger wasn't cooked correctly. We would have gladly fixed you another one. Making sure our customer's are completely satisfied with their meal is a priority for us. We have plans to add desert to our menu in the near future, but in the meantime we direct our customers to Ginny & Jane E's Bakery next door to us or Rudy's across the street. Both offer great homemade treats to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth! I'm sorry about that pie sticker. I think it was applied with cement and I have had a terrible time getting it off the door! (Another thing the stupid plastic knife doesn't work so well on ;) We use our customer review's, whether they are good ones or not so good ones to grow from. We have a list of improvement's planned for the future and replacing our plastic cutlery with the real deal is on that list. Since opening the end of January we have slowly been making changes and improvement's. I often wish everyone could see Harry's through my eye's. Each day when I walk into Harry's I am filled with a sense of pride and accomplishment. With a lot of hard work (and plenty of tears), my husband & I have taken a tiny beach bar & grill that previously, barely registered on the Trip Advisor scale and turned it into a GREAT place to grab a burger & a beer! It was important to us to offer good quality food. Most of our sauces & dressings are homemade. We take the time to hand patty our burgers. Even our chicken tender batter is homemade (sorry to hear the kids didn't like them :( Our staff talks daily about how we can be better. Speaking of our staff, THEY ARE THE BEST! We have been blessed with a staff that cares as much about Harry's and it's success as we do. They love our customer's and take pride in providing the best customer experience possible and they HATE to hear when someone wasn't happy. As owner's, we couldn't ask more from our staff :) We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay on the island and we hope you visit the island again. Anna Maria Island is a beautiful place to visit.
Regards,
Machelle

Anna Maria Island, Florida
“Good beach bar”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have been in here twice, and the kids that are the servers are great. It is a bit young for me, as I am twice the age of the servers and the customers. It is a clean little shop.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank AMIslandlove
Sebring, Florida
“Great new restaurant”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Visited twice in early August. Both times the food & service were excellent. Their nachos were one of the best we've had in years. Impressed at the effort of the staff to keep this location clean & sanitary. Not an easy task as the building is one of the older ones in the area; but the staff is doing a great job! Plan on having a couple meals here on our next visit to the island.

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“best burgers on the island”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Just returned from AMI and went to Harrys Grill (formerly feeling swell now under new management). The burgers were fantastic, dare I say better than Duffy's. The staff are all very welcoming and really a credit to the place. Even though there are plenty of top end restaurants on occasion a light bite (as far as light goes in America, if you know what I mean) is enough and this place certainly ticks that box and value for money. Sometimes there is entertainment which is good. Probably could do with more entertainment but I'm sure as this place becomes more popular (as I'm sure it will) then more entertainment will be booked. A really good place for a family to eat. The outside area could do with fans as it does get a little uncomfortable out there while the sun is up. Finally the last word has to be about the staff. There desire to make this place a success cannot be questioned. I'll certainly ensures that we will be going back on our next visit

Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was by far one of the best meals we had while on vacation. The burgers were delicious and the service was amazing! Highly recommend!