First the positive. We arrived for a week's stay on October 28th. We were late in arriving, and the office was closed, but our keys were waiting in a little box by the door. We stayed in cottage 109A which was adorable. Very cute beach decor. All blues and yellows, my favorite color combination. The cottage was on the second floor with a nice deck. Although there were other guests, we felt very much secluded - in a good way. The pool is beautiful. There were bikes for exploring and beach chairs and umbrellas were also included. The grounds were beautifully maintained.
Some of the shops and restaurants were closed due to the season, I guess, but we had several wonderful breakfasts at Jinny and Jane E's. The creme brulee french toast is to die for. We ate there almost every morning. Very cute, charming place with eclectic decor.
Our host recommended the Sand Bar Restaurant for dinner, which is right on the beach, a bike ride or short walk away. There was a wedding taking place the first night we ate there, but the second time we went back (because it was so good the first time) there were was live music - very good.
He also recommended Eat Here. We had one wonderful meal there - I had "Not Your Mama's Pot Roast" which was awesome, while my husband had fish and chips. The second experience was not nearly as good. Steak was so tough I had to send it back - and I never send anything back.
I have one negative things to say about Anna Maria Beach Cottages, which I don't really want to do because overall our stay was great. The Anna Maria Brochure we received said housekeeping services were included with stay which they definitely are not. We had to tromp down to the main office, offer up our dirty, wet towels, and ask for clean ones. That was awkward. And although we were there for a week our room was never cleaned or bed linens changed.
Still, I would go back there again. So overall this is a very positive rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quaint Old-Florida style cottages ranging from studio to three bedrooms. Perfect for family reunions, wedding parties or a quiet getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Anna Maria Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anna Maria Beach Cottages Hotel Anna Maria
- Anna Maria Beach Cottages Anna Maria Island