“A little piece of history”

Anna Maria Island Historical Museum
Ranked #4 of 23 things to do in Anna Maria
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We decided to visit the museum to find out more about the island. Info great and an enjoyable scavenger hunt for the kids. Staff engaged with us and very informative. A real must do activity if visiting Anna Maria island.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We were dragging our feet leaving Anna Maria Island and decided to stop in at this museum to kill a little time while traffic cleared (Saturday is check in/out day for vacation rentals on the island). Our young girls had a nice time. The gentleman who was on duty was very kind and informative.

1  Thank uknowjojo
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I've been to the island many times but I finally decided to visit this museum. I discovered that one of my all time movie favorites, Esther Williams, had made a movie here in the 1940's.
The place is known for the roofless jail. There are many old pictures and artifacts.

The price is right; FREE. There was a nice older gentleman working it when I visited and he told me other interesting stories.

This is a definite short "must see" when you visit the island.

1  Thank VikingHurst
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We took off to check out the shops on pine ave and saw the old roofless jail.We went inside the museum and took the tour and it was very informational.lots of artifacts giving island history.very nice friendly staff.our 7yr old grandson did a scavenger hunt-it was fun and we learned a lot about the island.I say go for a visit you wont be disappointed.Good for a rainy day!

3  Thank AMI-OHIO
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very informative about the island's history. We popped in while we were exploring and shopping along Pine Ave.

1  Thank cherieac