From the get-go the customer service was excellent, being moved from our initial unit to a sister resort immediately with no question after we raised the issues we had.
It is these issue though, that warrant the two-star rating. The unit we were allocated was dark, badly dated and smelly (very musky and unpleasant). There was a substantial crack running along the wall which we felt the need to alert management to as it was not the kind of thing one would simply ignore. The pullout bed was extremely uncomfortable to lay on (I did not sleep on it though, I speak merely of my experience laying on it for 10 minutes) as was the main bed. The kitchen looked fine until any use of it was attempted, where a cooker ring could be pulled completely out without any effort. The wall plugs in many rooms were caked in what appeared to be render, which seemed to me to be a hazard (though I'm no electrician). In the shower room the small window had been replaced by a piece of cheap and flimsy plastic which could be popped out with ease.
The grounds were lovely and well kept and the staff very helpful and friendly but unless the units undergo full renovations then I'd never consider this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Sunrise Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Garden Hotel Anna Maria
- Sunrise Garden Resort Anna Maria, Anna Maria Island