“LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunrise Garden Resort

Sunrise Garden Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Anna Maria
Welcome, Maryland
“LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sunrise Garden in November, 2012. We LOVED it here so much! We only had one night and hated to leave. We are already planning our next trip and have shared this place with friends and family. It is PERFECT in every way. We spent 2 weeks in Florida traveling the coast and on a short cruise, this was our favorite place. Anna Maria is quiet and perfectly safe to walk the streets in the evening, several great restaurants. Spence is so helpful with any questions you may have, and great to chat with. The resort is like home away from home. Our bed was so comfortable, has a nice living area with a tv, and the kitchen has everything you could possibly need. When we were sitting in our patio area we felt like we were in the Garden of Eden. Beautiful landscaping and private, so relaxing. The pool area is just so beautiful, you will want to spend your whole day there lying on a chaise. WISH we could have stayed longer. This place is a GEM!!!

2 Thank LorrifromWelcome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

From the time I first called and talked to Spence about my husband and I staying a week at his resort, I knew we were going to have a great place to stay. He is a great and caring guy. Not only is Anna Maria Island amazing, but Sunrise Garden Resort is so quiet and peaceful. The pool was heated and was very clean with beautiful plants and palm trees surrounding it. The room was great with a nice kitchen, bath, living room and bedroom. Loved that we could cook as little or as much as we wanted on our trip. The location was fantastic and is within short walking distances to The City Pier, shops, places to eat, the beach and to several of the trolley stops if you want to go a little further exploring. Loved the free trolley and the $1.25 trolley to Longboat Key, to downtown Sarasota and to Siesta Beach.

It was unfortunate that I came down with strep throat while we were there and had to go to the urgent care. We were going to have to take 2 different trolley rides or ride our rented bikes to get to the urgent care and Spence suggested us taking his truck instead. That showed us that he trusted us and that he also wanted the best for us. Next year we will bring our children with us and show them what a great place Anna Maria Island and Sunrise Garden Resort is.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer555-12
Dronninglund, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This place is really good for R&R. Spence, the owner, is a nice guy, so welcoming and eager to make sure you have the best stay possible.

The units are well equipped and decor is fine (exept for the couch that litteraly hurts your eyes, but that soon becomes part of the charm!). Our unit had a brand new matress wich was very comfortable.
The garden is cozy with little pathways, lots of plants and a bbq area, and the heated pool is really nice.

Be aware that this is the quiet end of the island, NOT much happening here! This is exacly why we came, though, so that suited us just fine. Off season the whole island is very quiet anyway.

The drawback for us was a very unstable wifi, and we usually use the internet a lot. Also, the pump for the pool makes a constant noise. You get used to it, but as the pool guy turned it off for a few minutes we realized how quiet it would've been without it.

1 Thank MrsGram
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Spence went out of his way to squeeze us into an arrangement (thanks Spence!) since we had turned up without a reservation - and we were not disappointed. The apartments are well-equipped and the place is kept clean and tidy. Rooms are quiet, everything works just fine and there is a nice reclusive quality to the site - the pool area in particular is a gem, offering a chance to watch the stars at night while relaxing in warm water - not to be missed. Location is easy walking distance to restaurants, shops, bars and piers - this is a great place to stay.

1 Thank Novindcha
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very cute, private rooms, each secluded within it's own alcove of greenery. Lovely. The ocean and bay are within walking distance. The rooms are spacious and delightful. Spence is a very nice manager and he was eager to accommodate our needs. We didn't have a chance to try the heated pool, but it looked very inviting, with beautiful landscaping surrounding it. I don't think you are going to do better for the price.

1 Thank Terry N
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I came across this place last year when I had to find a place to rest after a wedding. Even though I only stayed the night, I was so impressed with how incredibly accommodating Spence was, I knew I would be back. I came back this October & was greeted like an old friend. There had been remodeling and new landscaping since my last stay, which made the place even more charming. It does not feel like a hotel. More like staying in a good friend's guest house. I've stayed in 3 completely different rooms and enjoyed them all. I had such a nice time in October that I came back a month later and stayed the week of Thanksgiving. The owner is very friendly and really is true to his word when it comes to "if you need something just ask". You have your privacy, a beautiful sunrise/sunset...pretty much anything you'd need is in walking distance. The quality and price can't be beat. Truly my favorite place that I have ever stayed anywhere. My only complaint is that I had to leave. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank OrangeEyes
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I would like give more stars for this place. The owners are very professionals, very friendly, the place is very organized and clean. The location is wonderful and the price is very fair. Just one thing made I and my husband had insomnia and back pain in the morning: THE MATTRESS. Ohhh very poor quality. I always said you do not need a fancy hotel, but if it has a good mattress and can provide for you a good night of sleep you feel like in home. I can't wait to go home.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
jsromine, Owner at Sunrise Garden Resort, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
It is always great to hear that a guest appreciated the cleanliness of the rooms and the customer service we offer at the Sunrise Garden. We will always go out of our way to make sure a guest is pleased with their stay with us. And because of this, it is painful to hear that this guest did not have a comfortable stay with us and, for that, I am truly sorry. I only wish that this particular guest had mentioned this issue with me after the two or three times I asked her how her stay was going as this would have given me the opportunity to make it right.
When my wife and I took over the Sunrise Garden in 2011, we were faced with the task of trying to figure out the quality of each mattress. Some we changed out immediately while some we kept due to them being in good shape. Since that time, we have listened to our guests as they are always the best way to gauge if any changes need to be made. Thru this review, we have heard this guest and the mattress has been changed out.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anna Maria
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
#2 of 12 in Bradenton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 577 reviews

Been to Sunrise Garden Resort? Share your experiences!