“great place”

Sign of The Mermaid
Ranked #12 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Camden, Tennessee
“great place”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The food was awsome along with the atmosphere and service. Go hungry the food is soothing and rich. Lady Wellington to die for!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank brenda h

Durham, North Carolina
“Fabulous Dining Options”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We have visited the restaurant three times in the last 10 days, always with a reservation. The staff has consistently been attentive and responsive to our needs. The menu includes chicken, beef and lamb options if you have members of your party who do not eat seafood. However, I should emphasize that the fresh catch fish has consistently been the best I've eaten anywhere! The chef offers several several fish preparations in two sizes: "small" (8-10 oz) and larger (more than I can possibly eat in one setting). The salads have all been wonderful with fresh greens and custom house dressings; the appetizers have been creative variations on well-known culinary themes; and the desserts are to die for! If asked to choose the best restaurant on Anna Maria Island in which I've eaten during the 23 years we have been coming to AMI, without doubt it would be Sign of the Mermaid! I highly recommend one of their excellent wines and the berry salad, the pan roasted fresh catch finished with crab meat and cream, and the chocolate truffle torte. Warnings: make a reservation well in advance during high season; don't eat lunch on the day you go for dinner; and order the "small" portion of the fish if you expect to have room for dessert!

Catonvsille, MD
“Amazing home made bernaise and hollandaise--go for brunch!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I finally had the opportunity to check out Sign of the Mermaid. It had been suggested to us many times and we went around 12 noon on a Sunday. We were seated immediately and the food smells were coming from the kitchen. It's very hard these days to find a restaurant that makes from scratch their hollandaise/bernaise sauces and we were so excited we found them! I got eggs benedict with canadian bacon over a croissant---it was OUTSTANDING. (I could have just eaten the bernaise with some bread--wonder if they would sell me some!!) My husband got an omlette that had a sundried tomato sauce which he said was yummy. We are looking forward to going for dinner and trying the lobster wellington and filet mingon. The dinner looks pricey but worth it. The house is an older quirky beachy house with lots of different rooms. And we were too full to try the desserts but they were in the dessert case and we saw them on the way out. Overall, the service was a great and we will go back!

Delta, Canada
“Worst Service I've Ever Had”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This restaurant seems to operate on the premise that their food is so good that they can afford to have rude and arrogant wait staff. It's not. I had the worst dining experience that I've ever had at this restaurant. My husband and I went to the restaurant for dinner on our last night at AMI, we were ignored at the door for approximately 10-15 minutes, then greeted with an upturned nose and horrified expression when we said we did not have a reservation. We waited another 15 minutes for a table (although there were many visible empty tables, it was not a busy night). We were seated at a horrible spot by the bathroom door. We then waited over 30 minutes for someone to come and take our order, no one ever came. A blonde male waiter literally threw a basket of bread at us as he rushed by (it bounced off the wall and almost ended up on the floor!) and would not stop when I called him to inquire about getting some service. We left without ordering anything in complete disgust. I would not recommend this restaurant. There are too many other good restaurants on AMI that have much better service and ambiance.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Spacegirlannie
New York
“Must Do Breakfast here.”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

They do not open till 9:00 am for breakfast.. Worth the wait...
You must try their Stuffed French Toast .... To Die For.. Their crème Brule French toast stuffed w/ assorted fresh berries & sweet mascarpone cheese & served w/ raspberry syrup...
Their also have a few Breakfast specials $3.99 Wed. Thur. Fri.
We also ate dinner there Their Chicken Cordon Bleu, Country ham, bacon, Virginia ham, boursin cheese, lightly breaded w/ panko. I would have to say It was the Best Chicken Cordon Bleu I ever had.