“New favorite”

Sign of The Mermaid
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Wednesdays to Sundays: Breakfast/Lunch 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. No reservation required. Wednesdays to Sundays: Dinner (FINE DINING) 6 pm to 10 pm. Reservations strongly recommended. Sign of the Mermaid Restaurant is famous for fresh seafood, steaks and homemade desserts in a fine dining setting. We offer our prize winning pies in-house or to go. We offer a variety of menus and planning services for your event. Our elegant style of catering can be tailored to suit your event or budget! Small Weddings Dinner Parties Rehearsal Parties Holiday Celebrations Birthday Celebrations Baby Showers Bridal Showers Business Gatherings Company Events Breakfast or Lunch Dessert Hors d’oeuvres Our menus are on the website for perusal.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I always take visitors to sign of the mermaid for Creme brûlée French toast, simply the best way to start your day . I just had dinner at the restaurant, and ordered shrimp and grits , it was. Fantastic, this is now my new favorite. I will definitely be back and will be sure to order this dish again.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Very dirty and no pancakes!!!!! Restrooms dirty. Food just ok. Service very slow on a day when the restaurant was 20 percent occupied. Will not return.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Wonderful cozy place for dinner. Great food and great service. They have the best breakfast and coffee cake on the Island!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Came here with 4 other friends for breakfast. Tried the french toast combo for $3.99, omelette and shrimp and grits. Everything was delicious. Quaint and old decor. Staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Food was exceptional. I had squash blossoms stuffed with goat cheese which were just fantastic. I also had Cobia which was perfectly cooked but the Caribbean preparation was a bit odd, almost like a stir fry. I should have just had it grilled or blackened. My wife had the famous Lady Wellington which was another home run. We had desserts to go. I've actually had the Key Lime Pie before and found it overly sweet. I had another pie this time and same conclusion. However I did eat the whole huge slice :). Service was kind of laid back but very polite. My kids spilled water all over the place and they were very nice about it.

Overall, a real winner.