“Great stuffed French Toast”

Sign of The Mermaid
Ranked #13 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tuesdays to Sundays: Breakfast/Lunch 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. No reservation required. Wednesdays to Sundays: Dinner (FINE DINING) 5 pm to 9 pm. Reservations strongly recommended. Sign of the Mermaid Restaurant is famous for fresh seafood, steaks and homemade desserts in a fine dining setting. We offer our prize winning pies in-house or to go. We offer a variety of menus and planning services for your event. Our elegant style of catering can be tailored to suit your event or budget! Small Weddings Dinner Parties Rehearsal Parties Holiday Celebrations Birthday Celebrations Baby Showers Bridal Showers Business Gatherings Company Events Breakfast or Lunch Dessert. Our menus are on the website for perusal. The only correct and current menus are on our website
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Decided to try the "Mermaid" for breakfast due to the positive reviews for that meal. We tried 4 different items, however only one excelled, which was the stuffed French toast filled with cream and berries.......totally yummy. The other 3 had an omelette (dry on the outside), eggs Benedict (had a very weird Bernaise sauce on it), and the creme brûlée French Toast, which was ordinary...just okay. So if you go, stick with the stuffed French toast...which is their best dish, as well as being very different! Otherwise, your party will want to "share" with you throughout the meal! The service was quite good this visit!

1  Thank InternationalSuz

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I have been visiting the Island for a few years now and somehow have been missing out on the Islands hidden Gem! Another restaurant mentioned "Sign of the Mermaid" as a fantastic spot for Breakfast. It was amazing!!! The entire staff right up to the pleasant brunette hostess made you feel right at home! Stuffed French Toast to die for! After being sold on breakfast we returned later that same week for dinner. BEST MEAL EVER! We had the friendliest server, Caleb, who practically helped pick our menu :-) just off his recommendations alone we enjoyed what my husband and I agreed, the Best dinner we have had on this lovely island! To start the orange blossom Brie, followed by there berry salad and our favorite, the fresh grouper cordon blue style! All of our servers picks and each one better then the next :-) thanks Caleb and the Sign of the Mermaid for becoming our new favorite spot!!!

2  Thank JanetBill11
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Sign of the Mermaid has been one of our family favorites since it first opened. Now that I live out of state, I try to eat there whenever we visit. We recently had breakfast and lunch. (on the same day!) I was surprised at how extensive and varied the breakfast menu was. I ordered the breakfast special of 2 eggs, bacon, home fries and fruit. It was reasonably priced and delicious. My husband ordered the same, and we split a 1/2 order of the biscuits and gravy. It was the best I have ever eaten. The sausage is homemade, and the gravy melts in your mouth. I will definitely be back for a full order next time! Lunch was good, but I prefer the dinner menu. The atmosphere is charming and eclectic. The building is an old house, full of character. The wait staff is always knowledgable and helpful. The dinner menu is a little pricier, but the food is always worth it. They have a lighter fare section now, which is a little less expensive. Good for the light eaters. My favorite dinner is the pan-roasted mahi. Yum! The desserts are a must-have. The chocolate-peanut butter pie is something I dream about. Andrea, the dessert chef, has won many awards for her pies. I can see (and taste!) why. Excellent choice for any meal of the day.

1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed October 19, 2013

there was a line waiting for them to open for breakfast.....good selections and different....family owned and operated....charming décor....would go back for dinner

1  Thank Maxx2cats
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

An excellent meal, great service; we always recommend the mermaid to our friends!
Staff is attentive, food is fresh and creative; we usually eat the special which is consistently delightful . Call for a reservation to dinner as it is small and fills quickly in the evening.

2  Thank jorahood