“Awesome sunset dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The restaurant is located on Anna Maria Island, and as the name indicates: on the end of a long pier. You can see lots of pelicans, fishermen, and if you're lucky even dolphins....all while you're eating! The place is very casual, and fun for the whole family. We had dinner there twice and every time was a great experience. The (sea)food is very good, and you can also enjoy a beautiful sunset there.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

A restaurant at the end of a pier that has active fishing going on adjacent to the outside seating has a rustic and small town ambience. Fortunately, they don't try to make the food fancy otherwise it would not match the surroundings. The staff were nice but my blackened grouper was served in a puddle of oil - not really high end stuff. The sangria was good and the experience was exactly what was to be expected. A warning, though.. if bad weather is coming in, you are stuck on the end of the pier until it passes unless you want to run on the pier in the rain to your car (not advisable).

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We decided to try the City Pier Restaurant for lunch. I was drawn to the casual atmosphere and the lobster bisque on the menu. They are doing some construction as they update the pier but it didn't interfere at all with parking or getting out to the restaurant.

We had no wait. My kids really enjoyed the decor. And my daughter loved the paper towel/napkins hanging from the ceiling.

The lobster bisque was excellent.

I really wanted a coconut shrimp lunch but it only came in appetizer. So I got it and a side.

My husband had fish with a jerk rub...it was quite tasty.

I also like that the kids' meals came with applesauce.

Overall, we were quite pleased.

It was a clean restaurant. Our server was attentive. And the prices were fair.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The restaurant on the pier has good food and price is reasonable. I go to Anna Maria Island twice a year, once with husband & another couple and again with 3 other "young senior gals". Sometimes we just stop for an appetizer & a glass a wine and then walk around the pier watching/talking to fishermen reel in fish, sit near a pelican. Other times we have lunch. Have seen dolphins and manatees not far away from pier.

As far as "atmosphere", what's your definition. It's casual, not fancy, but enjoyable.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

We walked up to eat here and were reviewing the menu when a young man walked up and said "are you going to eat or not". We turned around and walked out.

1  Thank naomirut