“Romantic setting. Slow down. Incredible value. Make reservations!”

Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring Ave
Description: Our regular menu is based on the finest products we can find and updated seasonally. They are prepared in classic form, with emphasis on fresh, natural flavors.
Reviewed November 24, 2014

Brought my wife since the holidays make us so busy that we tend to lose one another in the busyness. We sat in the main dining where the fireplace was. Even though it was busy, because of the acoustics, it never seems too loud. It was very romantic. From sitting down to leaving, it was two hours, but others came and went sooner. We were never rushed.
My wife had steak salad - perfect. I had grilled asparagus, the brussel sprouts hash and tomato caprese salad. The salad dressing was perfectly balanced - not too acidic, yet had just enough to give it an edge. The kalamata olive bread is amazing! We ended with a cheesecake swirl brownie with black raspberry ice cream. We chose to scrape off the cheesecake layer since it took away from the chocolate intensity. It was fantastic. Had one beer. Total was $58, not incl tip.
---
Our server was Laura and she was great. My wife said she was one of the best servers she has ever had. Super nice and polite, and perfectly paced for us.
---
Helpful Hints:
1. Use Open Table and make reservations. A must.
2. Outdoor seating overlooks Tampa Bay and the Sunshine Skyway Bridge in a distance - if the weather is nice, be sure to ask for it when you make reservations.
3. Be strategic with your reservation times - during season (Oct-Apr), it is much easier if you make reservations for 5-5:45pm. At 6-7, things start hopping because people fly here from later time zones and they're used to eating later, which means crowds. Adjust your appetite feeding times and you will spend less time waiting. Same for lunch - 11:30-11:45 eating can alleviate a lot of issues if you don't like waiting. Parking is the challenge with crowds at this restaurant, but we have always been able to find a spot either at the building or across the quiet street at the beach.
4. When you leave the restaurant, drive south until the road dead ends if you want to see some yachts in dry dock and north to see quaint and fancy houses on the water.
I hope you find this review to be helpful.

3  Thank altomeal
Write a ReviewReviews (2,484)

Reviewed November 24, 2014

Sat on the patio with heaters cranked, as it was a chilly day in Nov. I had the fish tacos, they were stuffed and soooo good. My husband had a fish entree and devoured it. We have been here many times for lunch and dinner. If you are in the area, it is a place not to be missed!

Reviewed November 23, 2014

Right by the pier great for a pre dinner walk to see the pelicans. Food was excellent epecially the lobster bisque.

During our week stay we had two meals - great choice on the mere. We would highly recommend although you will need to book.

Reviewed November 18, 2014

This was our first time eating at the Waterfront and I can say that we will definitely return. Everything from the cocktails to the salad to the main course were outstanding. Our server Ethan was great and spot-on throughout the evening. My wife had a jalapeno margarita that was easily one of the best that either of us had ever tried. My Stone Sour was a perfect take on a whiskey sour with Jameson as a base. The Tropicale Salad was perfect as well. Having eaten our fare share of seafood during our trip we both decided on other dishes. My wife had the Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto and I had the Beets and Bow-Ties. I can honestly say that both of these dishes were outstanding. The Beets and Bow-Ties is something that I never would have thought to order but on Ethan's suggestion I went for it and was extremely pleased.

We were too stuffed for dessert but the house-made bread and dipping herbs were awesome. Ethan even gave us and extra loaf and herbs to take home with our leftovers! It was too cool on the night we went to sit out in the open air but if the weather is warmer, this is a perfect setting for an evening outdoor dinner.

Reviewed November 18, 2014

8 of us were seated at a round table and I love that. Makes talking with everyone at dinner so much more easier. They didn't have an extensive GF menu and that is okay, I have learned to adapt over the years. I did notice that on the menu their GF tacos were made with flour tortillas and there were also some other discrepancies, so if you are GF word to the wise. I am not sure they really know what GF is or means so I played it safe and got basic pork. it was very good but I thought for what I got it was a bit over priced. Our service was good and attentive. The other GF person in the group did get very ill later that night. Can't be sure what exactly what brought it on. It could be something as simple as the salad dressing. When we have these issues we really have to be careful. The Waterfront is more like waterfront adjacent. If you are hoping for a romantic sunset dinner, I am afraid you are on the wrong side of the island.