“Great Restaurant”

Waterfront Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterfront Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring Ave
Description: Our regular menu is based on the finest products we can find and updated seasonally. They are prepared in classic form, with emphasis on fresh, natural flavors.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We always have a special meal at Waterfront whilst on AMI. We did again this year. It is such a lovely setting but if you sit indoors you can't appreciate exactly where you are. We sat indoors, our choice as it was quite humid that evening. The staff are friendly. Our appetisers as always were delicious, the fried green tomatoes are so lovely as is the smoked salmon platter. Our main was the wrong choice, sure some would like it but it was not for us. Sure if we had said they would have removed it from our bill but we choose it so our mistake. Was not the best table inside but again our choice. Price wise, it is slightly on the high side, felt we had better value for money at other places on the island. Overall a great place but maybe not for us for a while.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,275)

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a week on Anna Maria Island, and ate at the Waterfront three times during our visit. The restaurant has a large menu, and we sampled salads, appetizers and entrees. All were very good to excellent. Pricing is what you'd expect from a high end restaurant in a tourist area. The happy hour was from 3 to 6 PM, and featured house wines, craft beers, and specialty drinks at more than reasonable prices. Most of the seating is outside, and the bar area is small for a restaurant of this size. But given the proximity to the bay, most prefer to sit outdoors. I would definitely recommend the Waterfront while on AMI.

1  Thank UncleCarl
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stopped by this restaurant for lunch on a weekday while we were on vacation. I had the grouper sandwich and my husband had the crab cake sandwich. The food was amazing. They had a side of a black eyed peas, corn, onions, peppers in a type of vinaigrette dressing that was cooling and tasty. The crab cakes were all crab with hardly any fillers which is unusual. The day was great and we ate on the outside porch. The scenery made the lunch fun.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Had chicken/waffles, my wife had mushroom risotto and the lil ppl had fish and chips. First, the kids menu fish and chips....alotta food. My wife said the risotto was perfect. And the menu said the chicken and waffles was an "iconic soul food dish" so I had to try it. The waffle was not as big and fluffy as what I'm used to but the taste was amazing. We will visit again!

1  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We eat here at least once each time we visit AMI, and this time had a large gift card which meant 2 lunch visit and one dinner visit. Eating on the outside porch over looking the bay and AMI pier, you can' beat the ambiance. But on one of our lunch visit I had the oyster basket, and was disappointed that they were slightly undercooked - edible, but would have been more enjoyable if they were left in the fryer a minute or so longer. Otherwise, lunches were okay, but at dinner my wife's meal - some kind of marinated pork with a kimchee starch - was not at all good. We complained and they took it off the bill, but was surprised because we're used to really good meals at this eatery. My dinner however (an apricot pork tenderloin) was excellent. The fried green tomatoes were excellent, as were the calamari appetizer. All and all, we'll still go back when we visit AMI, but were just a little surprised because this is the first time we weren't 100% satisfied.