“The Waterfront was on our list of "must try" this year!!”

Waterfront Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterfront Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring Ave
Description: Our regular menu is based on the finest products we can find and updated seasonally. They are prepared in classic form, with emphasis on fresh, natural flavors.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Never having dined here we have seen how busy the restaurant seems to be. We went for a late lunch one sort of chilly day recently and sat on the porch in front. They did have heaters going so we were toasty. They had cajun fried oysters on the menu and made them un-Cajun for me. They were delicious! My husband had a grouper sandwich grilled which he loved. They have a red cole slaw that was very good and the side of the day was fresh fruit which was very good as well. Service was excellent and the atmosphere quite beachy with the beach across the street and City Pier in view. Prices were quite fair at lunch.overall a very good restaurant they know how to prepare fresh fish. We would heartily recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,307)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We ate here the last night of our week in Anna Maria, we ate here. What a find! The wine list is spectacular, the food was great. This is what we had been looking for all week. I wish we had discovered the Waterfront earlier in the week. We are going back soon, and will make sure we have reservations for a couple evenings. We did not have reservations, but we enjoyed a glass of wine on the patio area. Seafood was great, service was very attentive. I appreciate when the server can give recommendations and insight regarding menu items. They were not wrong! This was the dining highlight of our week!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I'm off of "flour" so I don't each rolls, bread, croissants, etc. I ordered the Waterfront Chicken sandwich with their corn tortillas instead of bread. I also ordered it grilled... since you could have a choice and it was OUTSTANDING... served with BACON, swiss, avocado, onions and a lovely large garnish of lettuce and tomato... which they gave me their own honey mustard to dress it with. Heavenly.

The rest of our lunch party had a BLT and their Waterfront half pound burgers. They raved about them. The service was perfect too. Very attentive waitstaff. We will definitely go back for more!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The food was great as was the service. Nice atmosphere across road from Gulf. Parking a bit of a problem sometime although there is municipal parking across road at City Pier. They serve wine and beer only. Prices are standard for the area. We went twice in 2 weeks.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had eaten at this lovely location before with good appetizers & nice ambience. However, after making reservations for my birthday requesting a waterside table, we were disappointed to be seated up against the wall with world's smallest table for 2 with my poor boyfriend's back right against the hostess podium.

Positives: Courteous server, reasonable wine by the bottle, delicious salad.

Lows: waited over 40 min for dinner entrees while we watched our server bring out food to larger parties coming in after us. Guess its better to have 2 people upset vs. party of 6-8 ticked off.
Ordered a seafood platter grilled, scallops, grouper, shrimp. The scallops were not edible, tasted very strange, like ammonia had been rinsed off but lingered. Grouper had gummy texture on the outside and burn marks with charcoal taste. Had the texture of having sat under heat lamps way too long. The shrimp were the only satisfactory thing on the plate and there were just 3. Even the "potatoes of the day" had a strange taste, like the prepared ones you buy in the refrigerator section of the grocery store. Metallic taste. Yuck. Boyfriends crab cakes were ok, nothing special. Could have been frozen. For $25 an entree ( salad extra) I at least expected edible.

Server was courteous when he was told the scallops were bad so he comped the scallops without my asking, but should have comped the whole dinner.

To add insult to injury, the hostess came by later and said "Sorry we didn't have a water view table for you-just got busy"

Bad business folks. We're local and we won't be back.

1  Thank travelbug777_11