“Always a good time!”

Sandbar Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sandbar Restaurant, located on the north end of Anna Maria Island, has for decades been a favorite for locals. Dine with your toes in the sand and a drink in your hand on our waterfront deck or enjoy our inside dining room. We offer gulf to table, farm to fork, and pasture to plate sustainable menu items. Our menus reflect our commitment to serving our guests the best in local and sustainable seafood, produce, and land fare. The Sandbar is the most popular place on Anna Maria Island for beach weddings and sunset receptions. The award winning venue is perfect for intimate gatherings to elaborate affairs, especially weddings.
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I really don't have to say anything else other than amazing! This is one of my favorite restaurants on the island. We always have great food and a very friendly server. This trip I had to eat gluten free and the kitchen had no issue substituting items for me. Great fabulous meal with a breathtaking view.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,844)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Even though I said that you don't go for the food, the food is certainly edible. But it is absolutely the best beach bar patio on the island if not one of the best in Florida (north of The Keys). The food is edible and the grouper is usually fresh and well-prepared. Try to go for sunset.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This place has the most beautiful location you can think of, overlooking the white gulf beach in AMI. The renovation last year has updated the look nicely. Service as friendly as always.

Food however tries to compensate lack of taste with portion size. And: why does a bar called SANDbar not allow barefooted guests coming straight from the beach? Weird.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I loved everything about this bar/restaurant. The Sandbar faces onto the Gulf coast. The staff are welcoming and friendly. There's a great menu choice and a full bar. ( important as a few places can only sell beer & wine) the restaurant has a novel little feature. In the evenings when taking your order staff will also ask you what time you think the sun will set. They record your time, and a bell is rung at sunset the winner receives a bottle of champagne. This was a really easy going restaurants catering to all dress codes. I would say if you visit Annamaria the Sandbar is a must ,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We came on the advice of our friend's and we were not dissappointed! The double door's to the main entrance flew open, as My wife and I felt like royalty being ushered into a V.I.P dinner. On a side note,( What does have a Grouper Day mean? ) As we walked through the door's, we were greeted by the warm smile of a man, who's name we later learned was Chris Howard; he seemed like such a cheerful fella. The main lobby was full of smiling faces, eager to direct us to our desitnation. The manager Lesley, graciously escorted us through another set of doors, where we were introduced to our host. I was overwhelmed by the warm energy and beautiful ocean front view, boasted by the legendary Sandbar. My wife and I commented on the relaxed feel of the place and loved that the server's were so leisurely going about their business; NOT RUSHED BY MANAGEMENT AT ALL! Basted by the sun and toe's in the sand, we were in paradise at last, with the fresh aroma of delicious Grouper collar's teasing our taste bud's. Just second's after being seated by a young man name Jordan, we were greeted by our server Beth. Beth seemed to know everything about the menu and even made a few wonderful suggestions for my wife and I. The food was amazing and the service was out of this world. Hell, I felt so at home, I was half tempted to strip down to my tighty whities and make a run for the Gulf, while screaming eureka at the top of my lung's; kind of glad I didn't do that! We even had a chance to chat with the woman who ran our food. Her name is Debra or Debbie. Debra was kind, friendly and even told us of a local church we could attend while in town. Thank you Debb!!! Sandbar, you have our vote for best restaurant ever!!! Way to go Ed Chiles, from the feed to the creed, you've really out done yourself with this crew!

1  Thank chris b