“Lunch by the Sea!”

Sandbar Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sandbar Restaurant, located on the north end of Anna Maria Island, has for decades been a favorite for locals. Dine with your toes in the sand and a drink in your hand on our waterfront deck or enjoy our inside dining room. We offer gulf to table, farm to fork, and pasture to plate sustainable menu items. Our menus reflect our commitment to serving our guests the best in local and sustainable seafood, produce, and land fare. The Sandbar is the most popular place on Anna Maria Island for beach weddings and sunset receptions. The award winning venue is perfect for intimate gatherings to elaborate affairs, especially weddings.
“Lunch by the Sea!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

On a whim we found this place and we had the option of eating outside or in, we sat outside with sand under out feet and an umbrella for the sun. The food was great, large portions and a little pricey but the scenery made up for the difference. We will be going back!

Clearwater, Florida
“View great, food not so much”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went for late lunch on a Saturday, no wait. Ordered bloody mary and a margarita with a corona in it. Wow, that was an expensive drink! We ordered the ahi tuna appetizer which included 3 "tacos" of tuna with an Asian slaw. They were good but for the price, another would have been nice. My husband had a blackened grouper sandwich that he enjoyed. I had a taco salad. I know, I know, its a fish place and I ordered the "wrong thing"; however, food is what you should focus on and it was NOT good. How hard is it to make a taco salad? I felt like the meat tasted strange. So I would stick with fish if I were you. The view is beautiful and I really thought the inside would have been a bit more casual beachy but its VERY nice inside. More fancy than I would have thought. All in all for two drinks, appetizer and two "entrees" we left paying almost $75 for lunch. That was the most overpriced meal and not satisfying. Go to Blue Marlin instead.

1 Thank Elaina E
London, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Friendly busy place and food was great, location fabulous, we ate here quite a few times and every meal was really great

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful views but mixed food”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had to wait about 30 minutes for a table but the wait went by in no time as you can just wait on the beach and watch the sunset. The warm bread and salads a nice start before the meals arrived. I ordered the coconut shrimp which was incredible but very sweet so only recommended if you have a sweet tooth. The rest of the family ordered Anna maria chicken and the crab fish cakes which were both okay but we had better food whilst on the island. Overall, a lovely place and nice setting but the food didn't quite live up to expectations and it was a bit expensive.

1 Thank 21andexploring
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Sandbar to celebrate our anniversary and expected to be wowed by their food. For the price, we were somewhat disappointed that it was really only average. I ordered two different specialty drinks that were a bit watered down. The portions were small for the price. Even the key lime pie, which has gotten "rave reviews" was just OK; I've had better.

The one bright spot was our server, Jessica. She was quick and attentive but never made us feel rushed. She even went outside to take pictures for us at sunset.

Unfortunately, I doubt that we would return, despite the beautiful location.

1 Thank RuthCincy