“Beautiful Location ... Good Food!”
Review of Sandbar Restaurant

Sandbar Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sandbar Restaurant, located on the north end of Anna Maria Island, has for decades been a favorite for locals. Dine with your toes in the sand and a drink in your hand on our waterfront deck or enjoy our inside dining room. We offer gulf to table, farm to fork, and pasture to plate sustainable menu items. Our menus reflect our commitment to serving our guests the best in local and sustainable seafood, produce, and land fare. The Sandbar is the most popular place on Anna Maria Island for beach weddings and sunset receptions. The award winning venue is perfect for intimate gatherings to elaborate affairs, especially weddings.
Florida
“Beautiful Location ... Good Food!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We've eaten here several times during our visits to Anna Maria (most recently in August 2013) and it's always good. It does get very crowded in the hour or two leading up to those gorgeous sunsets, but the views are worth the wait. And while waiting for a table, if we're not sitting out on the beach, we're in the well-stocked gift shop passing time and spending money!! Overall, we always have a great time there ...

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Netta55

Lithia, Florida
“Chilling out on the beach, with great grouper”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

What a wonderful place this is. Right on the gulf and you can sit at a table with your toes in the sand. Get the Grouper Sandwich, fat fillets of Grouper with great tarter sauce. If there is ANY chance of rain, sit "under" the awning and you can still eat despite the downpour!

1 Thank RNSAILOR2
Winter Springs, Florida
“What a difference a year makes!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

A year ago I took my family here to be totally disappointed by the food quality, service and the lack of a/c. We went today because we heard that they improved their act.... I am happy to say they did! They improved the atmosphere, service and a/c...wow what a change...the fish and chips for lunch was great the fish was so big it hung over the plate...my wife and I split the lunch and it was plenty for two...the beer was cold, but they gave a lame excuse why they had to serve the Stella in crummy pint glasses ( those are fine for bud!) ...come on get those free glasses from your beer distributor and serve the STELLA ARTOIS properly in a chalice! I will bring my family back because they have definitely raised the bar ! But I guess I have to bring my own Stella chalices????? I have to mention that the bartender was outstanding, his name was "RAY JAY", very attentive, knowledgeable, and fun! He made our stay enjoyable...good hire mr. Sandbar!

3 Thank Gene F
Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
“Perfect location.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch with the family and really enjoyed the location and the view. Our server was new to the restaurant but had no problems, he was very friendly. Just wish the food was better for the price. I guess with the location and the continued turnover of tourists you can cut a few corners.
Peace

2 Thank negril1994
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“It's all about the view!!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

What a setting, beautiful white sand, clear blue waters and scarlet sunsets - this place really is picture postcard stuff. The food was ok not great and I was a little surprised at how expensive fish dishes were ( but to be fair this seemed the case for the whole island) . That said it really is a must visit venue though and an experience we all enjoyed

1 Thank jdpacko