“Island Dining At It's Finest”
Review of Sandbar Restaurant

Sandbar Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sandbar Restaurant, located on the north end of Anna Maria Island, has for decades been a favorite for locals. Dine with your toes in the sand and a drink in your hand on our waterfront deck or enjoy our inside dining room. We offer gulf to table, farm to fork, and pasture to plate sustainable menu items. Our menus reflect our commitment to serving our guests the best in local and sustainable seafood, produce, and land fare. The Sandbar is the most popular place on Anna Maria Island for beach weddings and sunset receptions. The award winning venue is perfect for intimate gatherings to elaborate affairs, especially weddings.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This restaurant sits right on the beach......beautiful view. The menu is varied, lunch is less expensive than dinner. The wait staff is friendly and professional. I ordered fried grouper, fries, and green beans. The food was delicious......served hot. One can also eat inside. There is a cozy shopping area as you enter . The Sandbar has been nicely remodeled. The Sandbar is a favorite restaurant for tourists and residents alike.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,848)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband & I stopped for dinner early Friday night, and we're so glad we did. We'd been there before years ago, and it was more than a little worn and the food was just okay, but we loved the location (ON the beach!) and we were hungry, so we thought we'd try it again. Our young greeter reminded me of one of the reasons why I wasn't that impressed the last time. I hate it when they seem bored and mildly annoyed that you're there, but our server Amanda was pleasant and attentive. I had the baked stuffed shrimp with a baked potato and ceasar salad - all very good. My husband had a lightly breaded and fried shrimp and scallop combo with fries which he liked a lot. The manager stopped by to ask us about our dinner and service, which I appreciate. I would not have recommended the Sandbar before, but I certainly do now.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Excellent location and great food with friendly waiting staff. The only downside is the long wait for a table but that reflects the popularity of the place. Worth the wait, though.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Food is excellent and I love the beach atmosphere. We sat outside right on the beach. Service was cordial and professional. Loved the grouper tacos, chicken quesadilla and mussels provencale. Good value.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

What a great experience we had tonight at the Sandbar restaurant, on the lovely beach in Anna Maria Island. You can sit with your toes in the sand and watch the beautiful sunset while eating delicious food outside, or you can sit indoors and still have a great water view. Tonight we sat indoors. I had the shrimp scampi, my husband, the fried scallops, and both were really great. Our waiter, Jesse was wonderful. He made us feel so comfortable. I have some food allergies and he didn't mind asking the chef several questions about the menu. He was patient and personable and really helped to make our dinner perfect. At the end of my husband's meal, Jesse said, "I can just wait until your wife is finished, before taking your plate," to which my husband readily agreed. This almost never happens, anywhere! My husband is a fast eater, and usually our server will quickly remove his plate and I'm left to feel pressured to hurry up and finish, not tonight. Anyway, the whole experience was great! And when you go, ask for Jesse, you can't go wrong!