“Tasty taqueria” 5 of 5 bubbles

Poppo's Taqueria
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty taqueria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very Fresh and flavorful tacos made with all fresh and natural ingredients. Comfortable, casual atmosphere. This is a great family atmosphere for lunch or early dinner. Great meeting place for friends for dinner. Good selection of bottled ever and bottled soda. Fun place! Great food! Delightful staff!

• Visited December 2013

Wisconsin
“Fresh and tasty food, just work on menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Right in the heart of things on Pine Street. They have created a small, but fun outdoor seating area with a couple of small tables, driftwood benches, and a cocoon swing. The staff greets you as soon as you walk in. The food is tasty. I just wish they would simplify and clarify their menu. There is no way from what is written on the board that you really know what you're ordering until you ask the staff questions--Are the tacos crispy? Do you use corn or flour tortillas for the quesadillas? What is included in what you describe as simply as a "plate"? I think they would be better served with a clarified menu, say something like "quesadilla platter--two flour quesadillas with your choice of . . . and sides of beans and rice." They take the "Subway" approach with the food in trays and the staff adding as you pick--would prefer to select off a menu and have them do it up in the kitchen. My spouse and I, however, did enjoy our quesadillas, which were fresh and tasty but wished there had been sides to go with them. Good salsa verde.

Visited February 2014
Amherst, Canada
“Fresh and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

We took the Free Trolley north to City Hall on Pine St. and found this jem of an eatery across the street. Amongst our group we tried chips with fresh salsa and guacamole, tacos, corn loaded quesadillas, & burritos. Carefully selected local and organic foods are used to create your fresh to order meal. Previous reviews stated that this eatery was pricey but considering the fresh ingredients we though the prices and serving sizes were quite reasonable. We enjoyed our meal on the deck, seating is informal and limited. Take-out for the beach is a great option. We wish we had awesome Mexican food like this back home in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Rutherford, New Jersey
“Just what I needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I needed a quick delicious meal and this place fit the bill perfectly. The place reminds me of a hip mom-and-pop Chipotle with its own vibe that also caters to vegetarians. I love supporting non-chain, local businesses, and these folks are doing it right. I'm sure there can be improvements, but I needed nothing more than the deliciousness that was provided. The staff also helped me with a small dilemma I had. What a great experience.

I would definitely go back (and I may have to before this trip is over) and I wish the owners long success.

Rockland, Maine
“Has potential”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Nice ingredients. Fresh products but unfortunately really bland-and this was a review from one person who doesn't care for much heat- spice it up a bit folks-
Four of us had 4 different dishes- black beans, no spice, guacamole is dull and salsa no zip. This place has great potential, they just need to add some flavor.