“Very Good Mexican Fare”

Poppo's Taqueria
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Poppo's offers a nice selection of tacos, burritos, etc. with a similar set up to Chipotle. Staff is friendly and food quality is good. Seating inside is at a counter and there are a few small tables outside as well.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stopped in here for a quick bite, so we got the two tacos ($7) and each had one. We will be back! Their meats are hormone & and antibiotic free and all the ingredients were fresh and delicious. The corn/flour tortillas are yummy, though I'm not generally a fan of corn tortillas. They load them up, and I doubt I could eat two. (Try the beef, jack cheese, black bean, honey lime slaw and onion combo!). They were really busy but the line went fast. A welcome addition to Anna Maria cuisine!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

It's great for a bit of variety. Four of us had burrito's made up in different ways, all enjoyed thoroughly and walked out stuffed. I will definitely go again. My chicken was perfectly tender and fresh.

I've seen a few reviews mentioning unfriendly/unwelcoming staff - absolutely not the case, and if it was a problem they have rectified it, the staff were attentive and friendly.

Only quibble - one of our servers had dirty nails. He was wearing gloves so not a hygiene problem, but still icked me out a little - please clean them!

Will definitely go back.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Striking out so far in our AMI dining experiences. This is pretty much like Chipotle, but, The portions are much smaller and the prices are higher.

1  Thank PAtravel66
Reviewed December 5, 2013

After I ate here I asked to see the owner. Why? I told him this was the freshest Mexican food I have ever had. It is a small, funky place, near the beach, very kid and family friendly, with some neat small beer brews in bottles to try. Prices are insanely cheap, food is fresh, fresh fresh! You will love it. PS: Make sure you sit outside on the crazy hippie furniture!