“Updated review -- vegan burritos were fantastic”
Review of Poppo's Taqueria

Poppo's Taqueria
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The first time we visited, the sauce from the slaw sogged my soft tacos. That day, I know, the owners were not working. Yesterday, on our second visit, one of the owners was. I got a black bean burrito and my husband got the tempeh burrito. Both great...but I was surprised I liked the tempeh even more...because of the way they sauce and season the tempeh. Everything, again, was very fresh. We will be regulars. If you want picnic sizes, you'll need to give them a couple hours notice to have a chance to prepare (things here are fresh and made to order, so it makes sense). My only suggestion is this -- offer grilled peppers and onions to pack burritos/tacos, etc. with more vitamins. Regardless, we highly recommend Poppo's and thank them for offering vegan options.

Patrick C, Owner at Poppo's Taqueria, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

We are very happy that you took the time to visit us again, and that your experience improved! As to your 'peppers and onions' suggestion, we have been itching to get a good vegetable option on the hot table... I think you'll start seeing some specials in that vein in the near future as we test out various concepts. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Loved Poppo's Taqueria - lots of flavor, fresh and had to eat there a second time on our four day trip to Anna Maria!! The chips, guac and pico are a must! Had a Poppo's taco first day and second visit had a made to my request quesadilla and it was super!! Try it - you'll love it!

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Even though I am a bit suspicious of shredded chicken and beef, I have to say it is great to witness the magic the two guys applied to it. Nice location, great atmosphere, fresh ingredients, fast and friendly service. What more do you want? Go!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great little Mexican fast food place, that you can either eat in or take away. We really enjoyed a chicken burrito, made to how you require. Great food to take out and eat on the nearby beach. The selection for drinks were also good, they had natural fizzy drinks and I particularly enjoyed the ginger beer. They also do alcoholic drinks if you are eating in and fancy a beer. Great place for a lunchtime snack.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We went here very excited after looking at the great menu for takeout dinner for a family of four. The ingredients and food looked and smelt great however, after being shocked by the expensive bill, we got home to a disappointing meal. The shredded chicken was unbearably salty to the point where none of us could eat it in concern of being ill. We called the restaurant to try and get something rectified and they just said sorry to hear that and did nothing to try and sort something out for us. They said it was cooked fresh so there shouldn't be a problem.

3  Thank 21andexploring