“Delicious, Fresh and Great Value.”
Review of Poppo's Taqueria

Poppo's Taqueria
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stopped by this cute little place on Pine Ave while visiting with family on Anna Maria Island, so happy we did. Food is fabulous and a great value. The tacos have so much flavor, and you can order pork, chicken or even tempeh! We were impressed with the food, the service and the reasonable prices in a touristy area. Will definitely eat here again!

There are newer reviews for Poppo's Taqueria

Reviewed February 16, 2013

After lunch at Hurricane Hank's we motored up to Anna Maria to check out the shops on Pine . Wifey wanted to shop the shops but I found this little Taco place. Super nice with very friendly service and pretty good little Tacos. I had 3, as they are not real filling. But they are pretty good. Lots of selection here and lots of choices. Kind of like a Mexican version of Starbucks, sept it's Tacos and not coffee. Cool bar made out of planks from the old bridge that used to go over to St. Petes. Oleh Senior Poopos! El greato tacoitos!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This much anticipated shop did not disappoint this local. The atmosphere is fun and inviting and you get to watch as they load on all of the fresh, local, organic ingredients onto a warm corn or flour tortilla. Appreciate a place that steps out and refuses to use processed, antibiotic fed meats, etc. I for one don't mind paying a little bit more for this kind of quality. This is no Taco Bell!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

$11 bucks for a burrito...? $9 for a regular (snack) burrito? Again, are you kidding, right? Nope.

Sorry...maybe some of you were drunk if you ate here before because I was quite shocked at that price. I mean I understand you are on an island but REALLY. Come on. Charging extra .50 cent each for sour cream, cheese and guacamole too...great. You're in line with Tex Mex the other and only Mexican restaurant on this island. Now, I understand why they don't have their menu wt prices on their website for shock value. Sorry, it's a bit much for a Mexican burrito.

Burrito was good but not that good to pay that kind of price. Sorry.

I'm glad you will cater to all those tourists but locals I highly doubt they will consider coming here.

Good luck.

2  Thank Boston29Sox
Patrick C, Owner at Poppo's Taqueria, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

I am very sorry about your negative experience at Poppo's. We have chosen to place a heavy emphasis on the quality of our raw ingredients by using local, organic sources for much of our produce, and antibiotic/hormone free meats. This costs us a great deal more than simply using conventional ingredients, and we try to pass as little of that extra cost on to the consumer as possible. If you choose to come in again, please ask us to help you in selecting our more economical items. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We each had the super burrito and they were fantastic! Casey made our food and he did an outstanding job! The ingredients are really fresh and the layers of flavor are so good! Each super burrito is about 10 dollars. When you order the the super you get all of the toppings at no extra charge..say yes to the feta cheese and red pickled cabbage...it seems strange but it is hands down the best burrito I have had...the pork, the chicken, bean & cheese and temleh all got a thumbs up from our group!

1  Thank PurdueGirl1127