“hot fresh pick your toppings!”

The Donut Experiment
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Anna Maria
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Welcome to The Donut Experiment, where every donut is your creation! We start with a delicious, fresh-made cake donut and then you pick from our huge selection of icings and toppings. Yours can be as simple as plain or glazed or as crazy as key lime, maple bacon or Sriracha. Stop by today and begin your own experiment. We also serve premium, local roasted coffee and espresso drinks.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

best donut i have ever had! the donuts are cooked and come right out next to the guy serving you and he grabs one and asks what you want on it. unique flavors like maple bacon and key lime pie are available. got to go!!!

There are newer reviews for The Donut Experiment

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Freshly made (warm, crispy, yummy) freshly adorned donuts with everything from crushed m&m's to bacon. My family and I got a half dozen - my husband got two glazed, my daughter got two chocolate glazed with sprinkles and crushed m&ms and I got a clazed with coconut and a maple bacon. Everyone was thrilled.

We were a little concerned as the line was out the door when we arrived and people in front of us were getting dozens, but they have a great system and it went very quickly.

Well worth a visit (or two, or three) on your trip to Anna Maria or any of the surrounding areas. Oh, be aware, they're closed on Mondays!

1  Thank CTKate72
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We went three times during our vacation on the island. Found it best to go as early as possible to avoid the long wait.

1  Thank uscbrown
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Tried this on a whim and so glad I did! The donuts are warm and cakey. The toppings are varied and the glaze is light and delicious. I hope they stick around for a long time, yum!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've read so much about this place that I had to check it out. It is a cute little shop that makes the donuts and you pick the toppings. The donuts are far from unique, but are fresh and kids (plus adults) enjoy picking their own toppings and watching as they're made. We will be going back next year!