“Delicious!”

Vinny & Cheryl's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Description: Gourmet Take-out Lunch and Dinner Italian Bakery, Deli, Italian Market, Pizzeria and Catering for all accasion
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Best Italian food on the island! Service was great and friendly! We bought a loaf of fresh baked bread and a cold italian sub and both were awesome!

There are newer reviews for Vinny & Cheryl's Italian Kitchen

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had spoken with Vinny last year as I had not been to his place before and noticed they have Gluten Free items on the menu. He told me there were lots of things he could make for my daughter who can't have gluten or dairy. This was at the end of the trip and we vowed to eat here next time.

Fast forward to this year...Riding bikes on a Monday morning (Mondays do not suck on AMI!) we cruised over to Vinny and Cheryl's place to look at the menu. They were closed, but as we pulled up, Vinny himself was coming. He said they wouldn't be open until Wed. but chatted at length with us about food. I told him my oldest daughter Mermaidia was only visiting for part of the trip, and she is now vegan, as well as no gluten. I wanted to get a fab. dinner to go for her last night on the island. No problem Vinny said, call me that morning and I'll make it happen. He's passionate about his food, understands the whole gluten free vegan thing. He can make her whatever she wants. YAY!

Around 11:30 Mr. and I decided to bike over to order dinner, and since it was so close to lunch we would get pizza too. We went ahead and paid for both and rode back with one large cheese pizza and a gluten free pizza loaded with veggies for Mermaidia. Thin crust, rectangular pizza is my favorite!

Drove back around 6:00 to pick up dinner.
Lou- ravioli
me & Mr.- lasagna
Mermaidia- GF penne with the works: olive oil, garlic, artichokes, spinach, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
I ordered garlic bread for us gluttens and what I got was a whole huge loaf, nicely seasoned.

All the portions here are huge with plenty of leftovers for the next day. Everything is made with pride and care for the freshest, best ingredients...you can taste the love! Delicious.

I've read a couple of reviews complaining about the time it takes waiting on orders. Hey, I'm not here to scold you, but #1. you're on island time, relax and #2. you wouldn't expect your nonna to turn out her best food quickly. It's not just sitting under a salamander, it's made fresh.

Thanks Vinny & Cheryl! See you next year...

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Family friends from NY recommended that we try Vinny & Cheryl's Italian Kitchen next time we are on Anna Maria Island. They said it's a take out restaurant but don't let it fool you. I am so glad we tried it. We both ordered Linguini and white clam sauce. It was delicious! For dessert we had sfogliatellas. They were so good! Usually you can't find them in FL and these were just as if I got them at a NY italian bakery! The owners were really nice and we will definitely be back!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our family went to this restaurant on vacation and had some of the best Italian food we've ever had. First of all, they only use quality ingredients and everything is made fresh, which would explain the kind of long wait for our food (about 30 minutes from the time we ordered). Good things come to those who wait, and we weren't sorry when we got our baked ziti and spaghetti and meatballs. The portions were HUGE and it fed our family of four with some to spare. Before we left, we also got some sort of orange flavored pastry they handmade, which was delicious.

Note that this isn't a sit down restaurant, but they do have some tables outdoors. We were going to eat outdoors but some lightning forced us indoors, where they gladly let us sit at a small table normally just used for customers waiting on their food. We definitely would eat here again on our next visit.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The meal was amazing and Vinny is extraordinarily passionate about his food. We had a chance to chat with him a bit and were pleased to learn of his commitment to using only the highest quality, organic ingredients. This is truly a place for foodies. We had lunch, and it was fantastic! I follow a gluten-free diet, and they made me the best gluten-free pizza I have ever had (and I have had the best-rated gluten-free pizza in Rome, Italy). The rest of my party split a “VIP” sandwich, and all said it was amazing. The bread they use is made in-house with imported, non-genetically-modified flour and truly fine meats and cheeses, and they could taste the difference. The sandwiches are huge, and two people can easily split a half-sandwich. Try the sfogliatelle pastry, it is made in-house, and I’m told it is fabulous (I couldn’t sample because it has gluten). On other occasions, we have ordered take-out and eaten at home. They have a variety of gluten-free options, as well as fabulous lasagna. (Vinny said he was working on a gluten-free lasagna – I’ll fly back just for that!)
I understand from the friends who brought us here that for best results, call ahead – especially for dinner orders. They make everything to order, so it can get quite busy. I find it ironic that the only negative review on this site was from someone who never even ate there. Seriously, one star because they were too busy for you to wait for your food? Instead of complaining about the place, it would make me wonder what so many people thought was worth waiting for.

1  Thank Barb31310