“Very nice and quaint”

Ginny's and Jane E's Cafe and Coastal Store
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are located in the Historic City of Anna Maria, a quaint "Old Florida" area on the north end of Anna Maria Island. Our store is a unique collection of local art and antiquities.We also provide beach supplies, like suntan lotion, sunglasses, flip flops and other items to help you have fun and stay comfortable while at the beach. At Ginny's & Jane E's you will hear the sound of people enjoying a meal together with their friends and neighbors. Our cafe offers you a great breakfast and lunch menu. We also have inhouse fresh baked desserts. Perhaps you want a break from the sun and cool down with a cold beer or a cold fruit smoothie. Our unique setting offers quiet corners or big family tables. Hope to see you soon.
Springfield, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice and quaint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Visited 3 times in our 4 days in May. All times they were very busy but the service was good and the food was excellent,

Visited May 2014

Parrish, Florida
“Tuna sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Amazing sandwich! Nice size and so filling. They are quick and make good food. Only thing I do not care for are their chips

Visited June 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Best ever quaint. Eclectic and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Food quality superb! Furnishings amazing. Atmosphere great and prices reasonable. Went twice in one day. Had smmothie, pulled pork tomato basil soup and chix salad. Yummmmmmmm!

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Funky Venue, Food Mixed?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stopped by here for breakfast, the shop is quirky and interesting a real eclectic mix of things.
The breakfast was Ok, not the best nor the worst, It was just nothing special.
We did pick up a cinnamon bun and that was just lovely and delicious. The locals seem to love the place and it has a really nice atmosphere. The staff seem to prefer serving the locals rather than the visitors.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank deaconwife
Paul and Tammy F, Owner at Ginny's and Jane E's Cafe and Coastal Store, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Ginny's and Jane E's. I am sorry you were made to feel less important then another customer. I can tell you, your business is very important to us here in the café, no less important then anyone else's. I can only assume because it was someone that comes in here daily, that our server recognised them by name. We are definitely supported by our local residents because of our food and service, but we work no harder for them then we do any of our valued visitors to our wonderful island. I sure hope you give us another try in the future. Thank you again for your review.
Crown Point, IN
“I think I ordered the wrong thing?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I ordered take-out for lunch one day while on the beach on AMI. I ordered a chocolate chip and peanut butter cookie, Turkey Bacon Ranch Panini, and Grilled Club. My husband liked his grilled club. I wasn't a fan of my Turkey Bacon Ranch Panini. I think the turkey meat actually came from a turkey - it wasn't deli meat. The cookies were huge, but they didn't taste good.

It looked like it would be good, but I didn't care much for the food. I assume that I ate the wrong thing - make sure you order their staple menu item. It was pretty expensive too. I think we spent $25 for two cookies and two sandwiches.

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your visit to Ginny's and Jane E's. I am happy your husband enjoyed his grilled club. I am sorry however you did not enjoy your cookies or your turkey ranch Panini. Our cookies are made in house and are one of our most loved items. It is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy them. You are right about our turkey ranch Panini, we do not use deli meat, it is hand carved turkey breast. We use it in all of our turkey sandwiches and it usually gets us a thumbs up. I hope you try us again in the future and try a different lunch item more to your liking. Thank you again for your review.