“Our Favorite Place when paradise is boring.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Isle Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anna Maria
Sea Isle Motel
You added Sea Isle Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Anna Maria
Weeki Wachee Gardens, Florida, United States
“Our Favorite Place when paradise is boring.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We live in Weeki Wachee Fl on the river near the Gulf of Mexico. Our home paradise. When we want a taste of the tropics or a place like Key west we get in the care and drive to Anna Maria Island and stay at the Sea Isle Motel. This was our fourth trip. It's our home base away from home. Marsha and David (the owners) are the nicest people you could meet. The motel is extremely clean and the beds and linen are sooooo comfortable. The pool is heated and crystal clear. There is a BBQ grille and picnic tables to eat at. One of the coolest things is the gas fire pit for the evening chill. You will love it. We brought our NY country family down last trip. They liked it so much they are planning there family vacation there fro next year.
You can walk to the beach and watch sunrise or drive 1 mile to watch sun set.

Room Tip: We liked room 4 near the pool and picnic table
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Mitchwilldoit

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This lovely little motel is tucked away at the far end of the island and is perfect for a stay on Anna Maria - we opted for a studio suite which was well equipped and very comfortable.
The hotel is 1 block back from the seafront and rod and reel pier which has a lovely restaurant and good for a beer and watching people fish (at the time of writing this the pier has suffered a fire so might not be open for a bit).
City Pier is about 15 mins walk away which too has a good restaurant and is great for fishing (which I sampled most days and caught LOADS !) also there are a few shops here to browse around.
The motel pool is a welcoming extra after a hot days fishing on the pier (towels provided too) and is kept lovely as is this lovely little motel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank MJB_Essex
Kathleen, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I are currently staying at the Sea Isle Motel and I couldn't be happier with our entire visit. The owners are very sweet, accommodating and non intrusive. The room/apartment is just big enough for the two of us and very clean and quaint. We plan on returning next summer and The Sea Isle Motel will be our pick for our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Amber A
Weeki Wachee Gardens, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed two nights the first part of August. We are anxious to return to the Sea Isle Motel sometime soon. The owner lives on site and was very helpful to answer any questions. We were in an efficiency with a full size bed, a twin size bed and a full couch. The dining area had a nice table and chairs. The cupboards had condiments, dishes, silverware, kitchen cook tools, cookware, coffee and coffee pot. The screened pool area was very roomy. It included a picnic table and lounge chairs. Fresh towels were available at poolside.The only thing I didn't pack and could have used is a hair dryer. I am fairly sure one would have been provided had I asked for one.
It is one block from the Bay with a beautiful view of sunrise and sunset. Drive about a half mile to the Rod & Reel Pier to the south and the City Park and another half mile north to the City Pier where you can pick up the free air conditioned trolley for a day of sightseeing, shopping, dining or playing at the beach. The other side of the island is access to the Gulf with a very short walk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Mitchwilldoit
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have all good things to say about our June 28-July 1 stay at the Sea Isle! The Sea Isle in the prettiest part of the island in my opinion! As a young couple and active couple my boyfriend and I appreciated the great location within walking distance to great restaurants and beaches. The beaches on this end of the island do not have parking available so not a lot of crowds. Within a short walk we were at a beautiful and quiet beach on the gulf, Bean Point, or the Bay. My boyfriend and I rented room #3 efficiency. One of the friendliest check-in processes I have ever experienced. The owner is always very excited to help guests when needed. This was definitely one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. I felt that the room was prepared for us with care rather than the speedy “clean up” that a maid will do at a larger hotel. The room had just about everything we needed. A wine opener, coffee pot and coffee, stove, oven, dishes, silverware, and they even provide towels for pool use. They do not provide toiletries so make sure you bring your own. I called ahead and requested a hair dryer for the room and the owner was happy to provide one. We had a very cute sitting area outside of our room which was wonderful late in the evening after returning to the motel after watching the sun set at the beach. Friends were staying at a motel near the middle of the island and when we went to visit them we agreed that our hotel was leaps and bounds better than there is for half the price. We can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank PGHgirl6
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Small but cozy place. We had Unit 2 with separate bedroom, living room with pull-out sofa and trundle bed, dinning room, and kitchen ( used for breakfast & lunch). Very nice pool - rather large for motel and warm. Pool completely screen. Not many houses around have a pool and most of them are not covered. Great against the bugs which were plenty in the evening. Very short walk to the Bean Point beach with amazing sunsets. Almost across the street from Rod & Real pier ( get their before 5 pm for dinner otherwise wait from 1-2 hours). Sea Isle is very well kept and clean. Needles to say we booked another stay for next year.

Room Tip: Unit 2 is the biggest unit. We stayed with 2 kids ( 5 & 12). Other units are great for family o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank NjGirl08820
Williamson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Recently had a four day stay in one of the efficiencies at the Sea Isle Motel. It was just about perfect. The owners were friendly, helpful and on site if you needed anything. The biggest decision of the day was whether to lay by the pool or take the short walk to the beach. The unit I stayed in was bright, cozy and comfortable. For someone with a bad back, it was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The bathroom was small, but the shower was hot and good water pressure ~ one of my other criteria that I judge a hotel/motel by. If you don't want to eat at one of the great restaurants out on the island, the unit had a kitchen that would be adequate if you wanted to cook yourself a meal, there's also a gas grill available for the use of the guests ~ my only suggestion would be to provide some additional cooking equipment/utensils and kitchen equipment, thought what they do have there would be adequate with a little ingenuity.
I have stayed in several different rentals out on the island and I would say the Sea Isle Motel is one of the best experiences I have had and I can't wait to go back!!!!!!

Room Tip: Since there are only six unit there, I would say any of the rooms would be a great choice!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Haleys Motel and Resort
Haleys Motel and Resort
#6 of 15 in Holmes Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 270 reviews

Been to Sea Isle Motel? Share your experiences!