Sea Isle Motel
$239
Travelocity
Haleys Motel and Resort(Holmes Beach)
$179
$439
Hotels.com
$249
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsefficiencybeachesislandpooltrolley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I came to Florida for a friend's wedding and stayed at the Sea Isle with another friend. The only experiences I have in staying at motels/hotels are the typical multistory, hundreds of rooms hotel. Well, Anna Maria does not have any of those so I did not know what to expect from a small bungalow or cabin. Initially, I did not even know if it would be just me, or if my friend would be staying as well. Marcia was so great about holding me a room that would accommodate 2 if necessary.
The room had everything we needed as far as kitchen supplies - coffee maker and filters, pots and pans, dishes, wine opener, common spices and sugar etc. The only thing I did not see was an iron and board. I asked Marcia about it and she brought me one. The room had a full bed, a twin bed and a couch. It also had a table and 4 chairs, a couple of dressers, refrigerator, stove, TV. Everything we needed was provided.
The best thing about Sea Isle, besides the friendliness of Marcia and her husband, is the pool and patio. If you want to swim, there is a pool. If you want to grill out, there are multiple grills. It is shady and quiet, and I spent many hours there in the early morning as well in the evening visiting with friends. Also, there were several bikes available to ride. It is a short walk to the Rod-n-Reel and they have terrific grouper. It is also a short walk to the water, but we usually went south towards Holmes beach just because we had other friends staying there. There is a trolley/bus that runs the length of the island if you have no car but it is a bit of a walk to the nearest trolley stop.
We had one friend who rented a place on Holmes beach and it was very cute and stylish. Looked like a Pottery Barn add. But it cost THREE times as much, it was not at all private, and all it had in the kitchen was a small refrigerator and a coffee pot. For the price, you can't beat Sea Isle. My friends and I have planned to go back next year, and I hope we all stay at the Sea Isle.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank aa_gibson
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Just stayed here for 3 nights. Accommodations were dated but clean. The pool was nice and warm. There are bikes to use which saved us a little money since we didn't have to rent them. The location is good, very near the beach, park, fishing and the downtown area. They even have clothes lines to hang out wet swimsuits. My only complaint is that the mattresses really need to be changed. Very lumpy and soft. I would stay here again though. For the price it is an awesome deal and the owners are very nice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank pacomolly
Reviewed January 15, 2011

We where received with kindess and in a really friendly manner by the owners Marcy and Dave,I quiet place intimate pool and close to the beach!! Un endroit accueillant et calme tranquille pour se reposer.Une piscine intime dans un quartier très tranquille et très peu touristique. J'y retournerais volontier.Des hôtes très prévenant et intentionnés.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Billy1759
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I was hesitant to book here before our extended weekend to Anna Maria Island because there was only 1 review on TripAdvisor and no other reviews anywhere else. The price however was way too good to pass up.

The layout consists of 4 buildings with about 6 rooms, all surrounding the screened in pool. Each room has an assigned parking spot. The manager lives on site and was very friendly. She gave us some great recommendations on local things to do and eat.

Our room (#2) was great and quite large. There is a separate kitchen, bedroom, one bathroom, and a pull out couch. The bookshelves were stocked with books and board games which I thought was a nice touch. The queen bed wasn't the greatest of all, but we never sleep well in hotels as my wife and I sleep on a king size at home. We always bring our own pillows too so I can't comment on theirs. The only other complaint (and a very minor one) is that the water pressure in the shower was very low so it took longer to get wet. There is no maid service to turn down the bed or change linens/towels, so if you're staying long enough to need it, you'll need to take them to the manager on your own. This was disclosed to us beforehand and wasn't an issue at all.

The best part of this motel is how quiet it is! There is absolutely no road noise at all even being the room alongside the road. there isn't much traffic at the north end of the island as it's mostly vacation rentals. It was within walking distance to the Rod 'n Reel pier and the most beautiful beach I've ever visited in Florida (and I live here). Take the road that the motel lies on North until you reach the T-intersection. There is a path through a small forest and a wooden walking bridge that opens out onto a beach at the tip of the island. It was spectacular! Sea Isle also has free bikes to use to get around (however they are all in some state of disrepair or flattened tires but we didn't care!)

I would definitely stay here again and you should too!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank nickelmedia
Reviewed March 3, 2010

My husband and I spent a week at the quaint accommodations called Sea Isle Motel on Anna Maria Island, Florida. It is quite small - six efficiency units that all open by sliding doors to the heated swimming pool within a screened lanai.

Our bed/sitting room had a small but fully equipped kitchen with full sized frig, cupboards, small stove, small microwave, coffee maker, toaster and dishes.

We enjoyed our time here on beautiful Anna Maria Island. The motel's owners are very friendly and always greeted you with a smile. Because of its size, it feels quite intimate as most guests know each other from years of return visits. It also has a funky old Florida feel and due to its northern locale, it is very quiet at night which we enjoyed. The owners provide bikes for their guests but only 2 or 3 were in good working order.

We did, however, have a concern regarding the comfort of the bed, pillows and the linens provided.

There was adequate storage and a small bathroom with shower.

The location was very handy to walk to the Rod N Reel pier and to Bean's Point beach which is fantastic. We would definitely return to this beautiful island.

8  Thank Shar0nOntari0
Marcia B, Owner at Sea Isle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Sea Isle Motel, and we are glad you enjoyed your time here on beautiful Anna Maria Island!

We want to ensure our customers have an enjoyable, comfortable stay, and we would like to mention the addition of new beds and linens, as well as brand new flat-screen TVs in each unit.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again sometime soon!