Return to Nat
Hotels.com
  • Pool
La Bella Inn(Tavares)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I made reservations by phone on Friday to go horseback riding. I talked with Joan and was set to go out Sunday. Well, Sunday came and I arrived 15 minutes early and didn't see anyone. I spent 15 minutes walking around searching for someone and finally had to call. Joan answered and said she didn't think I was coming because it had been sprinkling rain that morning. I told her I was outside waiting and that I didn't understand why she had thought I wouldn't come. Obviously she had dropped the ball. Worse still is that she didn't seem to care that she had stood me up. When I told her this was unacceptable, she hung up on me. I will never go back to Fiddler's. I would rather spend money somewhere else where the Management actually cares.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank KB23234
Fiddlers2013, Manager at Return to Nat, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

I am sorry that you see it this way. It was alittle more than a few drops, you were in Mt Dora and I was out here in the forest, it was pouring and thunder and lighting and for the safety of our horses and for your children we don't go into the Ocala Forest when it is raining or thundering. Safety is very important. As for your thought on my hanging up on you I can assure you that I have never hung up on anyone. I will however say that cell phone service out here is very iffy at times and since your phone shows up as private there was no way to call you back. I do however apologize that this is so late in getting to you as I just saw it. However I do remember every detail of that day. It is not my desire to argue with anyone or to have anyone leave here unless they are happy.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

We stayed here in mid April, we were looking for somewhere close to the Ocala National Forest as we wanted to visit the Springs and do some exploring. JoAnn the ranch manager was absolutely wonderful and laid back! The Villa was great, keep in mind this is a ranch but it felt like being at home! The views are quite breathtaking all over the ranch, if you enjoy the outdoors with the comforts of home then you will love it. Misty took us on a trail ride, the horses are in great shape, you can tell they are well taken care of! Misty was friendly and great to chat with while we rode the trails. Really can't complain about one thing besides wishing it was a longer stay! We are already planning another trip up there!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caro_ivy
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Our second trip there in seven months.......This time my wife and I brought our 9 year old daughter and my 16 year old granddaughter for her birthday.....Our first trip here was for our daughters 9th birthday in November 1999......This vacation was as good or better than the first one......We went boating on the lake, played horseshoes, fed the pigs and all the horses lots of carrots.......went swimming in the beautiful pool, built a big campfire and roasted marsmallows, cooked steaks on their gas grill on the deck of our 2 bedroom large villa, went on a 2 hour horseback ride in Ocala National Forrest.....BUT, most of all enjoyed the peace and quiet, except for the birds chirping, the frogs croaking and the peacocks talking to each other.......And yes, Jennifer the manager, actually gives you her cell number phone in case you needed anything...which we did not.....We are already planning a return trip to Fiddlers Green Ranch.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank DALEKATE
Reviewed November 29, 2008

My familiy and I went to Fiddlers Green Ranch in Oct 2008. We had a wonderful time. The apartments were very clean and spacious. The staff and Manager was super super nice. They gave us their direct cell phone numbers JUST IN CASE we needed anything. (where do you get that these days ) My daughter loves horses and the Manager let her come help feed the horses, she was joking with her and made us all feel like we were family. We spoke to some other guests that were there and they felt the same as we did. It is a DUDE Ranch, It's not real fancy, but it is clean,beautiful and relaxing. I would recommend going to this ranch, if you want a nice relaxing, friendly place to go.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 5, 2006

I made reservations to stay in this ranch for memorial day weekend. My reservations were made over the phone on May 14, 2006. I asked for a confirmation number and I was told that they did not have one but assured that my information had been taken down.

I called them the afternoon I was supposed to arrive to let them know that I would be later than expected. To my surprise, the Manager, told me that I did not have a reservation because the employee who took it forgot to put it in the computer. Apparently, the employee's father died and she left the ranch in a hurry not securing my reservation.

It was 9:00 pm, I was 4 hours away from my house, and the Manager told me to drive back home because there was no room or anything that she could do for us. I explained to her that I had my two toddlers in the car but she offered no help whatsoever. She suggested that I drive around to find a motel to stay in that night and drive back home the following day early in the morning.

I tried calling several places and there was no room b/c of the busy weekend. I ended up driving 2 hours south to find a place to stay for the night.

An error of this type is one thing, up is one thing but on top of that the Manager was rude and said that it was my problem and not hers. If her attitude is a reflection of her hospitality do not even attempt to make a reservation that might not even be recorded to begin with!!!!

3  Thank explorergirls
FGRALTOONA, owner at Return to Nat, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2008

This sad occurence during the 2006 memorial weekend with a no deposit reservation and was most unfortunate.It was discovered on a late arrival when all accomodations were filled. Our current confirmed reservation system is very effective and we have not experienced this again.
A free night will be given on any 2008 future stay!
Contact the owner