“Back One Year Later”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Back in the area for business and decided to treat a good friend to dinner. I had bragged to her about this place and they delivered again. My favorite dish carpaccio was not on the menu, but the owner gladly made it fresh. Pasta special was superb. Waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. Don't let the strip mall seal your opinion. This place is top notch,

1  Thank ptckaiser

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I think this place deserves more credit that some of the reviews have given to it. It is definitely not the absolute best italian food but it is definitely authentic. If you believe olive garden is authentic italian then you probably wont enjoy this place. I had a certificate from restaurant.com so my boyfriend and I decided to use it on a friday evening. We were seated as soon as we got there even though the place was busy but certainly not packed or over crowded. We were very impressed with the atmosphere inside as it looks very unassuming from thr outside. Our waitress was very courteous, she made suggestions and explained how some items where prepared. I chose the day's special which was stuffed cannellonis and my bf had the penne with chicken in a vodka sauce, both items were delicious. We also shared a piece of cheesecake which was out of this world! Im only giving it 4 out of 5 because the menu is kind of boring, there are no real unique items that sets this place apart from other great italian restaurants. However, the food, service and atmosphere are all great and deserve a good rating.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Don't be put off by the outside of the place, since it is in a strip mall, and don't wander over to TGIF or the chicken wing joint in the same parking lot - unless you would rather eat at some megacorp chain restaurant instead of an actually locally operated business. I had the Grouper Provencale special, and you just can't cook a piece of fish any better than that. The mixed vegetable saute included haricots verts, brussel sprouts, sugar snap peas and asparagus, and was also perfectly executed. I could have gone for a bit more seasoning (salt) on the brussels, but that is my own taste. The small diced potatoes were boiled, then browned a bit with some rosemary and a touch of garlic, and complemented the dish very well. Encouraged, I had coffee and dessert - I went for the cannolis - and am pretty sure the shells are locally produced because they didn't look like the prefab stuff I have seen used (my sister is a pastry chef). The filling was excellent - a creamy smooth filling with a bold orange taste and hints of almond/marzipan. Sadly, only a couple of folks were there tonight, and when I left it was empty as folks were being drawn aside by the neon beer signs in the chicken wing place two doors down.

I also had the fried artichoke appetizer, and it was a really nice way to prepare the artichokes. I would have liked an aoili or maybe a reduction glaze to finish/dress it with, but the artichokes themselves were tasty and tender with just a but of fried edge crunch for texture - they weren't battered, which was nice; no heavy breading to get in the way of the flavor.

Just based on the fish, I would go all five stars, but the very minor things I pointed out - no sauce for the 'chokes, and a little lack of seasoning on the brussels - made me hold off just a bit.

As far as some of the other reviews - nothing I had was greasy, and nothing I had was prefab. Most Americans eat their pasta boiled to mush, but as a third generation Italian who stays in touch with folks in the old country, I am happy to report that Silvano's knows the meaning of 'al dente'.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have been here a few times. They do a pretty good tomato Soup, and the Vodka sause is good too. The few times I have been here though the pasta is always hard. It is also VERY greasy.

The atmosphere is very nice, "mom and pop" style, intimate setting. The servers a very friendly too.

A lot of the times the food takes a while to be brought out, well in my experience having at least 4 people when we go. Might be less with less people, but we have waited an hour at times- So don't go if you're in a hurry!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

I'm on a project here in the Orlando area and in constant search of high quality non chain restaurants. I had to make the difficult choice of choosing between the mahi mahi special or the osso buco special! I decided on the fish. The sauce was excellent and truly captured the essence of the mahi mahi. Sauces tend to overshadow fish but not here. Since I started with a fresh salad I had the entree vegetables replaced by linguine with pomodoro sauce (don't tell my wife). The pasta was perfectly cooked al Dente.

Hidden in a strip mall, find this place and keep it in mind when you want to eat fine Italian style food. My only complaint was the music. It would have been more appropriate to have quiet Italian style music or classical rather than the Spanish station.