“Stringent critic of Italian cuisine, but I was pleased” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TerraMia

TerraMia
Reserve with OpenTable
TerraMia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: TerraMia presents contemporary Italian cuisine inspired by seasonal and regional simplicity. The executive chef creates elegant and classic Italian dishes presented with an innovative and modern twist.
Orlando, Florida
“Stringent critic of Italian cuisine, but I was pleased”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was my second visit, first time in the new location. On my previous trip, I remember noting that several of the waiters were actually speaking Italian to each other and being impressed. When a friend suggested it for lunch, I was happy to check out the new space. We had a coupon for a free antipasto sampler appetizer which had olives, meats, cheeses, eggplant, tomato...all of which were tasty. The bread was served with a mixture of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, which is how I prefer it at Italian restaurants. We ordered off the very reasonably priced lunch menu. At the suggestion of one of my dining companions who frequents the restaurant, I ordered the lasagna. We had an option of side, so I chose the soup of the day - a light, brothy bean soup. The lasagna was terrific. Another friend tried the pesto penne and said it was really good. My only tiny qualm is that I ordered a cappuccino and our lovely, attentive, American waitress made it for me - it was pretty, but tasted a bit burnt. My fault for ordering it in the afternoon, I suppose.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank keh04g

Lake Mary, Florida
“It is the gem of the neighborhood ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

You know a restaurant has it all together when you eat on a Friday night, the restaurant is packed and service is impeccable. That was tonight. I've been eating here for 15+ years. This is there new digs. Place looks great. Food excellent. Great bread. The mussels fra diablo was superb. Veal perfect. This place just gets better with time.

Orlando, Florida
“Nice move for local favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We loved the new location of this restaurant. More updated and bright. The food is still excellent, and it still feels like it will remain the local favorite, as we met several people we knew. We had a reservation but had to wait maybe 20 minutes for our table, but the bar is very large and served us well. The Italian dishes are still delicious, with hot freshly-baked bread served with olive oil for dipping. We'll visit again definitely.

• Visited September 2013
“So sad.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

So sad. I visited the new location only to find that the lovely anti pasto table was no more. I was told by the server that I could order an anti pasto plate from the kitchen. When I asked if I could sub shrimp for the meat (I don't eat that), I was told there would be an up-charge. Fine.

When the plate came out I was disappointed. Where were the beautiful carrots, mushroom, and asparagus and the polenta, and the 3 piece of bruchetta served at the old location? And what about the olives and chees that the menu said the dish included? I did bring that up and the server brought them out on a separate plate.

Then the bill came out. $5 extra for 3 dried shrimp on top of it all?! I asked for the Manager. She gave nothing but excuses and asked if she could take the bill. Do you think she took a cent off? No.

Too far to travel for sub-par food and extremely slow service.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank pyecha
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Italian Original!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

The best Italian food in Orlando area. Clean new local. Looks fancy but prices are affordable. Served by Italian speaking people, makes you feel like you are actually out of town. Friendly staff and owner in the establishment to greet you, makes you feel welcome. The food is excellent. Freshly baked bread with olive oil to get you started. Original food cooked by Italians in an open kitchen. They have a great wine selection along with a varied menu of pasta and pizza. I had the best Stromboli I have ever had in this restaurant. It definitely worth a try!

• Visited August 2013