“Quiet and convenient”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
wdc
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Hotel was fairly clean and seemed reasonably well managed. But then things popped up that demonstrate the deficiencies. I wanted to know where the closest ice machine was so I picked up the phone to call the front desk - there was no phone line in the room - both were out. So I called the front desk on my cell phone and was told there was no ice machine in the hotel - apparently each guest is supposed to know this when they check in and turn on the ice machine in their refrigerator - fine idea for tomorrow night - not a solution for tonight though. I asked the front desk if he had an empty room to get some ice - and the answer was of course not. sigh

1 Thank BAMRB
Stephen G, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your visit to the hotel. We are sorry to hear you had issues with the in room phone and please know we have addressed with our maintenance staff to repair the problem. Likewise, we are sorry to hear that you did not have ice readily available for you. As a result of each of our guest rooms having a kitchenette that includes a full size refrigerator, we do not offer ice machines on each guest floor. More importantly, please know any ice from a previous guest is removed upon checkout and we leave the ice makers/freezers completely clean for each new arriving traveler. Thank you again for the information and we hope to see you again soon.
Augusta, GA
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very un-accommodating to me when I checked in late. They did not have the room that I booked with Priceline and put me in a smoking room. I talked with the check in clerk about my concerns but traveling that late, I could not leave to find other accommodations. I checked into the room and couldn't breathe. The tub was old and it did not meet the standard I expected. I checked out after less than four hours in the room and left from Florida at one am. I drove home rather than stay. I tried to work it out with the hotel after the fact and was basically told too bad. They made no effort to make things right at all. I won't trust a Hawthorne suites or even a Wyndham site unseen again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Stephen G, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit. We are sorry to hear you had an issue with a room type and although we do our best to accommodate room requests for all our guests, we do know on occasion we cannot meet every request. The hotel did recently undergo full renovations as of September of last year and this did include full bathrooms. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again.
Haubstadt, Indiana
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a great place to stay.Staff is very friendly and great rates.Only thing I could see is needmore tv channels.My dad stayed in another room and he wasn't happy about tv channels either.Everything else was great!

Altamonte Sprin
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Very good place to stay while my wife was in the hospital. Clean rooms and updated. Very reasonable price per night. The breakfast is very good and good variety. I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Stephen G, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you Roger for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Altamonte Springs Orlando. Despite the circumstances, we are glad to know you found our rooms clean, updated and reasonably priced and that you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet. We look forward to your visit again at the Hawthorn Suites Altamonte springs.
St Loius, Mo
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My trip was a very comfortable one. The bed and bedding was very clean & comfortable. It was well equipped with all a person needed. The only thing I can see that needs to be is a nice restaurant Outside of that no complaints!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thanks Marleen for the feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Altamonte Springs Orlando. We are happy to hear you had a comfortable trip and found the bed and bedding was very clean & comfortable as well. We look forward to your visit soon to the Hawthorn Suites Altamonte Springs.