“Diservice Inn”

Miami, Florida
“Diservice Inn”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

DISGUSTING- POOR SERVICE- UNDER EQUIPPED-ROOMS ARE OLD AND OUTDATED

My family of four and I stay here on and off on our trips to Orlando to see family in Casselberry. We frequent this hotel on/off two times a year, and my father makes sure to book in advance. On this stay Katherine checked us in from Friday-Sunday was very friendly, yet very inattentive. When we checked in she was very alert, but didn't seem to knowledgeable about where the rooms were located. My dad who works at a hotel in Miami Beach had to show her how to navigate the map. We were checking in at 6pm, so there was no rush to get in the room, we were just coming in to check in. The lobby was empty except for two older men on the computers. The lighting was dark, and gloomy, I didn't feel safe at all.

When we got to our room which was right near the entrance on the bottom floor room 102, there was no parking! And you better believe it an F-150 was parked with NO handicap permit in the handicapped parking space! Who is here to enforce the rules? Definitely not any security, or police at all in the area.. Walking into the room, I noticed right away that the carpets were stained up all the way to the bathroom. I checked the beds and noticed they were curly hairs by the pillow and long hairs under the second sheets... The bathroom did not have a trashbin as well. I called down to the front desk and Katherine was seemed flustered responded, "Oh yeah really? Let me check storage". When I asked her if she will be able to bring one, she told me that I'd have to walk back and get it if she did find one... So after we came back from visiting family, we stopped by the front desk, and of course Katherine forgot to check. She said she didn't have any and went to check again. She returned with 2 white bags, and when I told her about bed, she said she'll tell housekeeping. Okay so she returned with 4 towels which OBVIOUSLY had HAIR stuck between EACH of them! My father who was with me told me NOT to say anything, and cause a scene. I was livid! YOU HAVE 40 ROOMS WHY IS IT HARD TO CHECK ON THE LITTLE THINGS??? DISGUSTING!

Breakfast was okay, the attendant seemed tired, and grumpy. I didn't even want to ask her how to show me how to use the waffle maker I felt that if I did I was bugging her. The selection was good, and well stocked. I noticed a tattooed security ? who kept glaring at everyone in the breakfast area... I guess he was hungry? That wasn't very comfortable, and the front desk kept walking back and forth by the tables not sure if she was taking inventory on how much everyone was eating, or if she was just bored. Either way they need to be doing their job, and not monitoring everyone while they're eating.

Thank God we stayed till Sunday and checked out early, I couldn't bear to stay here any longer, I already told my family if I have to pay the extra for a little more cleanliness, and service I WILL! If management is reading this they can reply, or do nothing as usual. This is unfair, just because you're renovating doesn't mean you forget about the other rooms which have guests in them.

Yes I have a lot to say, and maybe your stay will be different. I've stayed here on/off and it's always been a miss, but this will the last time I pay my money and stay here.

Room Tip: Non- smoker room and AWAY from I-4...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chun Li C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Thomasville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Needed a room for one night and this Quality Inn was okay for the price. The room was clean and the breakfast was average. The double beds seem to be smaller than average. The room was quite and there was plenty of parking. Though I did not use the pool, it looked nice and clean. The front office seemed to be under staff. Though the gentleman was nice, he seem to get frustrated while waiting on some customers. He was at the desk by himself. I would stay again with my family, but probably no longer than one night.

Room Tip: Schedule reservations ahead of time. They were booked up the night that I stayed and I saw people tu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tret W
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My son and I had just seen McCartney in the Amway Center and we decided not to drive back to Jacksonville...at midnight. Not knowing the area, we got on I-4 headed north. We knew Altamonte Springs was just north of the city and we pulled off there. The Quality Inn was there...we got a rate of $55...and moved in. It was great. Not like staying at the Doubletree, you understand, but if you need a room, it fits the bill. The AC was cold, the bedding clean, had a refrigerator, good size TV and they gave us a free rollaway since it only had a Queen sized bed.
You cannot really compare this hotel to a fine place. You don't come here to stay for a week vacation. You crash for the night. There is a Longhorn next door and a Waffle House and Denny's nearby. It is right off of I-4. For us, it was great...no complaints.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank roulduke
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We only need another two extended stay from another Quality Inn but they raised the price on a non-busy weekday. So I went to shop around and found this place as the best alternative for the cheaper price we'd paid. It's been renovated and have everything we need except for a microwave. The staff I dealt with Choette?? has given the best customer service. She was friendly and accomodating. The location is in a good location near many stores and restaurants including a mall. Not faraway from I-4 Fwy. Breakfast is great! The two person team are great preparing and organizing the menus. I will not hesitate to come back here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The place is pleasant for stay but be carefull because the staff don't care about you. If you don't tell them to extend your stay they will NOT ask and the morning will turn out you have to move out and look and struggle for another hotel in the middle of a events around when every hotel is booked! Probably is more "easy" for them to make new reservation, fill new forms and do new paperwork, make new keys well...do more work when they already have somebody there who just need to keep charging?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denislav M
wakefield
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel was in a good location and the room was very nice. The room was spotlessly clean and well maintained with nice fluffy towels and a flat screen TV. While we were there the hotel was undergoing renovations, this meant drilling at 7:10 am which was a bit early for me. I think once the renovations are done this will be a good hotel. There are some restaurants in the area which are easy to walk to including a Longhorn next door where the food was good. Breakfast was okay but not much choice. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RuthnRobinM
gmquality151, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guest is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay here at the hotel.

Thank you so much for the business and we look forward to seeing you in the furture.

Kind Regards,

Don Patel
Quality Inn Altamonte
407-869-9000
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a totally functional hotel. They are building a new Hampton Inn & Suites on site and that should be quite nice like the other new build-outs that Hilton/Hampton is doing.

I'm not a fan of outside entry hotels so we didn't like that. However, room was fine, clean, and functional. Front desk was helpful. Construction was loud. So was church youth group that was staying on property. We called front desk and things improved.

In the parking lot, there is a longhorn steakhouse restaurant which is also totally serviceable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family