“Hit or Miss???”

Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed May 3, 2014

for doing anything North of Orlando, this is a great choice insofar as location....It's the only 3.5 star in the area..prices are usually comparable to the many 3 star properties. Nice bar, friendly staff, no stress experience.

shuttle service upon request to nearby restaurants/mall; reasonably priced drinks and food; large rooms (8th floor) and nice amenities.
Having read other reviews of this property, it's apparently hit or miss...I"ve stayed here a couple of times now without any problems...maybe that's because as a hilton honors member I get upgraded to the concierge floor. But, I've booked this hotel through priceline for approx. 40 per cent off the published rate...at those prices, I think it's a great deal for what you get. I particularly appreciate the van service...there are enough food options close by--you can have cocktails, wine with dinner and never worry about designating anyone to drive...the van will take you to and from restaurants and with a little planning, there is not a substantial wait..(at least that's been my experience twice now). I think there has been some change in ownership and maybe that explains the negative reviews...however everyone I came in contact with was doing an excellent job and taking care of business. I did see a large group of young people checking in...looked like some spring break trip...I don't know what floors they put them on, but I never saw or heard any problem. My room was on the 8th floor on both occasions I've stayed. I've tried the Marriott properties close by and believe me, there's a reason this is 3.5 stars and everything else around it is 3 or less.

Room Tip: If you can get on the concierge level, I think that may help obviate room issues that I see referred...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gary307
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We appreciate that you gave us an opportunity to make a positive impression during your stay. We were pleased to read that you were able to enjoy the executive level amenities. We hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton in Altamonte Springs for 3 nights and was impressed with the hotel in every way. The room was lovely- very clean, fully supplied, and comfortable. Internet access was great. I was especially impressed with the shuttle service that was complimentary for short trips to shopping etc in close proximity. I chose this hotel because my son's grad was hosted in a Facility within the hotel which was also nicely catered. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the comments concerning your enjoyable stay. Congrats to your son on his graduation we wish him a great future.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

at this Hilton property are the most helpful bunch I have ever run across. Mr Chris Golden and Frank Cirrincone care about the guests and do all that is required to insure they enjoy their stay. They came to my aid after my husband and I traveled to FLA to have a medical procedure done. They both helped me the night I returned with my husband, who was in rough shape (we both were) to get to the room and settled in, all the time reassuring me "to call on them, if I needed any help" Chris kept telling me "you don't have to do this all on your own". WOW! I cannot convey to you how that bit of help and reassurance that I was not alone meant to me. This hotel is great, beautiful grounds, caring employees, and exceptional management. I had lost faith in people, these guys helped me believe in them again. I have told this story a million times to all my friends, co workers and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It was our pleasure in helping you through some rough days. We hope that your husband is going better and on his way to a full recovery. We hope to see you again under better circumstances. We wish your husband a speedy and full recovery. Keep the faith.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Spent one night. Air conditioner so loud we could not use it. No newspapers in the morning which is annoying. Service however was exceptional. Kudos to Phi at the front desk and Elvira in the restaurant. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

We're terribly sorry about the noise disruptions that prevented you from having a comfortable night's sleep and we're addressing your concerns with our staff. We're so glad to hear that Phi and Elvira were able to take care of you and have personally thanked them for their commitment to hospitality. We hope we can invite you back to demonstrate their level of service throughout the rest of your next stay.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I read the reviews of this hotel and most said it is an older hotel but still well maintained and a good base for people with business in the area. After our stay there this weekend I have to disagree.

It started with check in. We walked into a nice lobby, and checked in. Went to the room and found a room with two double beds. I went back to the main desk and showed the girl our confirmation which stipulated one king bed. She said that that was only a request and was subject to what was available, but that it wasn't a problem because she had a king room available. I didn't bother to ask if there was a king available why it wasn't given it to me in the first place.

The main room was clean and in good shape. The bathroom was small. It had been renovated but some of the renovations didn't make much sense. For example the new oblong toilet that had been installed, was installed three inches away from the wall, that and the length of the toilet left only about an inch for the door to close past the toilet. I have no idea how any one with a handicap or a mobility issue could ever use this bathroom. The cold water faucet would turn off if turned straight out, but turn back on if turned too far. The faucet in the tub would not turn off unless you really put some strength into turning it.

We realized when we got to the room that the air conditioner wasn't working, but were too tired to bother with complaining that night. The next morning we got a message shoved under the door that since it was 10:00 and we still had the DND sign on the door our room would not be cleaned, but we could call the "Customer service hotline" and schedule a cleaning at our convenience. I pushed the "Customer Service Hotline" button on the phone and counted 10 rings before I hung up. I then noticed that the note said to dial "0" for the Customer Service Hotline. I dialed zero and counted another 10 rings then hung up. We left the room and ran into the maid a few doors down. We told her we were gone for the day and that she could do the room anytime. She said she would do the room right after the one she was doing. We then went to the main desk and told them about the air conditioner. We were told it would be taken care of before we returned. We returned at 4:30 just as a different maid was getting ready to start cleaning our room. We walked in and realized that someone had been to our room and turned off the A/C. We turned it on and the condenser kicked in and ran for about 10 minutes then stopped. We gave up and took turns all night turning it off then on and getting it to keep the room at a steady 74. We went out to dinner ( which if you are not eating at the Hilton's restaurant involves a drive). Nothing is closer than .8 miles. When we came back there were two parent/ chaperones having an argument with four teenagers. All 6 were drunk/high. the party went on with yelling and doors slamming until 11:30.

This hotel seems to specialize for conventions and sports teams. I'm sure this makes a lot of money for this hotel, but these groups are hard on rooms and usually loud, so if are not a member of one of these groups I would suggest another hotel. There are a lot of other hotels in the area that I bet give you a better stay for just as good a price. Being a long term Hilton Honors member I hate to say this, but my last two Hilton stays having me thinking of other hotels for future stays

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

We apologize for the disappointments that you experienced during your stay. We hope that given another opportunity you will have a better impression of our hotel. We have taken your comments seriously and will use them to better our operation and product. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed here for one night for a conference. The AC was so loud I could not handle it. So I dealt with the room being hot and then wore earplugs at night. Never had such an loud AC experience it my life. I did not realize the issue until I was unpacked and it was late so I didn't want to complain at that time and change rooms. I complained in the morning was given a free breakfast (not impressed with the breakfast).

There were dirty napkins in the coffee station in the room. Hair from prior guest and mold on bathroom wall.

Cannot recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KAF32082

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I understand that the A/C noise in your room was an issue during your stay. I'm also sorry about the cleanliness issues you encountered. I apologize that you're comfort was interrupted and I have shared your review with our facilities and housekeeping teams to ensure that this is not an issue in the future. I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Decided at the last minute to take a Easter weekend break in Orlando. Called all over and finally secured a room at the Hilton Orlando. Nice room, good service, free parking. The location is a out of the way from the typical Orlando hotels/attractions and it was a ride, but so worth it. In the area there is plenty of shopping and places to eat. The only drew back, there is no microwave or refrigerator in the room and breakfast will cost u if u use your Hilton honors points for your stay.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for the comments concerning the microwave and refrigerator. We will keep them in mind as we make improvements to the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.