“Average hotel for the price”

Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Florida
“Average hotel for the price”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

They had a clean room, friendly room service staff, clean pool. The room towels were fluffy and bedding was comfy as far as a nice duvet and good sheets. At the pool you have to go to the far end restroom area to find your pool towels. The hotel has a nice little cafe and I wish I could remember the ladys name who made delicious cookies with a huge smile, but her cookies are worth a trip to the cafe. They have a bar area we didn't go to but it was packed.
Shampoo/Conditioner/Soap..very nice.
Room was mostly quite even though we faced the highway. We had to ask twice for a complimentary fridge and it seemed liked an issue from checking in and calling again (Maureen doesn't seem to be customer service oriented), so we had to ask twice and then the poor gentelman had to bring a second one after plugging one in and it didn't work.
Lots of things to do in this area if your in for a conference as an example...mall across the street, tons of restaurants to choose from.
Down side...try to avoid Maureen, she was not helpful and really not a person to be in customer service in my opinion. We tried to avoid her if we needed to ask questions etc.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
I apologize that you had difficulty with one our service personnel. I have discussed your comments with the Rooms Division Manager and he will address them with the guest service staff. We hope that you afford us another visit to prove that we took your comments seriously and are working hard at progressing to a well above average hotel in your eyes. Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The room itself was reasonably nice but there were a few maybe minor things that were different maybe because the hotel is older. It took way too long for the water to get hot in the shower plus there was no fan to get the condensation off the mirror when you were done. I found it difficult to reach the toilet paper holder- just too far away to reach comfortably.

We couldn't adjust the thermostat down below 71 degrees and when the HVAC came on it was quite noisy.Room was comfortable though and we didn't spend much time there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for the comments concerning your stay. We are in the process of installing a solution to the hot water issue that you experienced during your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your patronage.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

After reading some of these reviews I was VERY nervous about staying here. Now, I am glad I chose this place to stay. From the moment i walked into the hotel, I was surrounded by immediate guest service. Especially the kind lady, Stephanie, at the front desk that helped me check in and receive my shipment. As well as, Steve, whom helped us with our luggage. I was nervous to check the room due to some of the pictures I had previously seen. To my surprise, everything was absolutely perfect! Clean and neat. Nothing damaged. I had a full sink, a comfy bed, a tub, and a very cold fridge. Everything about this place is great. From the guest service to the rooms, from the food to the amenities, this hotel brings the best. I will definitely come back again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cj_starryeyed
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for looking beyond the reviews and giving us a chance to exceed your expectations. Stephanie and Steven will be pleased to read that you have given them special recognition for their service. We hope to see you again soon.
Boston, MA
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The property may be dated, but my room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was a little small relative to the size of the room, but it wasn't a problem. The HVAC was a little noisy. The water had a funky smell/taste, but I'm guessing that is an issue with the municipal water supply. The buffet breakfast for $10 was a real value. And the business center was just off the elevators in the lobby (good for printing your boarding passes.) I had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant and service was excellent both times. It seems like the hotel attracts many groups, but these groups were not noticeable, with one exception, when I tried to get to my room at the same time an athletic team (about 50 or so people) arrived to go to their rooms. A minor inconvenience. Overall a very quiet, comfortable stay.

I don't know that I would choose this hotel for leisure, but it is economical, and a relatively short ride to major attractions (around 30 miles). Plenty of shops and nearby restaurants.

I rated this property a 3 out of 5, but it really is better than average, just not quite very good or excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the comments concerning your stay. We are working with a designer on the planned room renovation. It appears that you were able to enjoy many of the amenities and services offered at our location. We look forward to your next visit.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

This hilton property is dated. My first room had a double bed which just seemed odd Given the large size of the room. It was an adjoining room and the neighbors sounded like they were sitting on my couch! So loud! My second room had 2 double beds and was much more accommodating. The concierge floor is nice and the service was excellent, especially Demi. Breakfast was superb on the concierge floor but evening appetizers were just plain odd ( cheese dip for chips had broccoli in it, what's up with that???). Overall an okay stay and convenient to downtown Orlando area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We are working on a new room design to take us from so-so to wow-wow. We appreciate the comments which will help us understand what our guest are wanting in our redesign. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
denver, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel is in a great location to get to anything you want. The staff is amazing and will make you feel very welcome. The drivers will accommodate local trip. The bar is a great place to hang out and wind down. I would recommend calling ahead to ensure the pool and hot tub are working, if that is important part of your stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

There seems to have been an issue with the recreaction facilities during your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. Please be assured that the pool and spa are fully functional and are awaiting your next visit. Thank you for your patronage.
Bratt, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were here as part of a conference. Our room was ok. Nice beds. Big tv, but the remote doesn't work well. We were not offered a microwave or fridge as part of the conference, even being Honors members.

The conference spaces were not great. Noise traveled freely between spaces in the spearate rooms as well as the A/B/C/D/E ballrooms. Some spaces were way too cold, while the rooms across the hall were so hot several attendees got sick. Water wasn't kept filled in several of the rooms without reminders. The arranged fruit and continental breakfasat included just a bowl of fruit, runny yogurt, and Special K bars. The second day they added a plate of sliced banana breads.

None of our group had room keys that worked for all four days. We were constantly going back to the desk to have them rekeyed.

The food choices were hardest. There are two options: a restaurant/bar with typical hotel restaurant service/prices and a coffee shop. The coffee shop didn't serve anything hot. They had a variety of pastas, pizza, and other dishes, but after you bought it cold, it was up to the customer to heat it. There was one microwave. Our pasta dish called for 6 minutes in the microwave. During the conference lunch break, time was limited. After heating my chicken I was embarrassed at the dozen + people waiting on me to finish.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Your comments are important to us. We will discuss the issues you experienced at the hotel and find ways to make improvements to our operation. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altamonte Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando...
#3 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando ...
#6 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 6 in Maitland
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#5 of 14 in Altamonte Springs

Been to Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs? Share your experiences!