“District Meeting at the Hilton”

Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Here for our company's district meeting. Location is great, room was very comfortable. Unfortunately one elevator kept breaking down, little annoying, but there are two other ones to use. Our meeting was held in the Crystal Room, with food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All the food was great and the service wonderful.

Cash bar was nice touch, however we could not charge to the room, which was a little annoying.

Wonderful place for a work meeting

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your comments concerning the ability to charge the banquet cash bar to your guestroom. I will discuss with the Food and Beverage team and find a solution. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you during the function you attended. We hope to see again at another function.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I came here August 9 th an I am here until September 13th. I came because I was forced out of apartment at last minute because of mold issues. As I packed I called the hotel to get a room. I explained my situation and they said come over and they would take care of me. From the monent I walked in until now the 10th of September they have taken great care of me. The staff knew I didn't feel well when I arrived. As I got to know the staff here a day hasn't gone by where someone hasn't asked how I was feeling or how thing's were going with my living situation. As I had no apartment clothes or furniture. I had to actually buy clothes as I stayed here. The girls at the front desk always have a smile
and there has never been a time where they don't wave or say hello as I have walked by. The staff in the U bar and restaurant have all been just as good. When I have eaten there and thats just about every day who ever is working will ask how thing's are going as well as making sure the service is perfect. I can say there has not been a single time in 30 days I have had a bad experience while eating there. They will put on sporting events on tv if you ask or they will simply just make you feel at home. The managers have also been great. They have stopped and made a point of saying hello. The girls who have had to keep my room clean has at times been pushed to the limits as I am single guy so I know I can be a slob at times. They always smile say hello and keep my room stocked and clean. After 15days in the same room I needed a change as I was tired of seeing the. Same four walls. I asked for a new room and the front desk girls didn't bat a eye. As I was moving to my new room the manager in charge of room services saw me making the move and stopped me to see if something was wrong. I explained what was going on and he actually offered to help me move my things. He wasn't getting someone else he himself offered. If I had known he was a Gator fan I would have taken him up on it as I am a Hurricane fan lol. As I near the end of my stay here I actually feel like it has become a home per say. After this long in one place it really has. Today one of the staff asked me when I was leaving and then asked that I stop in and tell everyone how things turned out for me. Thats the kind of over all mentality here. The staff seems to enjoy their job and they have shown to me they care about the people staying. Im sure there will be guests who have has issues as that happens at any business. Things will go wrong. I can say for me and the 30day's I have been here I have not had a single issue. That's a pretty good record if you ask me. Oh wait there was a issue when the girls at the front desk didn't save me any cupcakes which they offer guests lol. I will over look that haha. I myself want to thank everyone who has helped make a bad situation for me better by allowing me a place to call home for 30 days. Now I just need to get use to cleaning my own room and having to buy cupcakes haha. Thanks and keep up the good work!!!!!!!! The homeless apartment mold guy for past 30 days haha:)

• Stayed: August 2013
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

We have tried on a couple of occasions to deliver some cupcakes to your home as a way of saying thank you for your extended stay patronage. We want to extend you an open invitation to stop by when in the area to get yourself a cupcake or two. Thank you for the wonderful review.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night en route to the Airport, and I am so glad that we didn't have to stay here any longer than that ! This is the first time that we have stayed at a Hilton in the US and I don't know if this is a typical example, but it is of a far lower standard than we've stayed in elsewhere in the world.

Hotel location is just off the I4 down an avenue with a number of other businesses. It is easy to get to, but not particularly picturesque from a location perspective.

Check-in was fine, not overly friendly but polite. We were allocated 2 rooms on the 2nd floor - if you get offered a 2nd floor room, ask for something higher up! Our rooms had a very depressing view of a brick wall and industrial air con units (that had the noise to match). The window glass is also quite tinted and so adds to the gloomy atmosphere. We switched the air con unit off in our room as it blasted out like a fridge chiller and sounded like a road building drill!

The rooms are basically furnished - our rooms had 2 very small double beds (much smaller than a standard double), a desk, desk chair, arm-chair, tv and coffee maker. There is also no hanging clothes storage in the bedroom - there is a cupboard in the bathroom instead, which isn't very helpful. The bathroom is of a decent size, but the bath and shower were aHwful - shower lacking power and tub was stained with dark mould patches in the grout around the edge.

No consistency of provisions from room to room. We were 2 rooms down from each other, but between the rooms we had different brands of toiletries, one room had ceramic mugs and one had paper cups, one room had tea, coffee and creamer, the other had just one pod of coffee.

The hotel has a gym, 'spa' and swimming pool. We intended to use the pool, but it was far too crowded and there was very limited seating. We also have a young child and there is virtually no shallow area that we could take him in.

Overall it was not a pleasant experience and we would not choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Not the 2nd floor!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pandas-People
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I'm sorry to hear about the noise disruptions and cleanliness issues you encountered. It is our goal to provide excellent service, comfortable surroundings and well stocked amenities. I apologize that this was not your experience and am looking into your concerns with our team. Thank you for helping us to improve our services and ensure you and future guests are taken care of. We hope you'll come back to see our changes.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was very clean and all the staff was friendly. The waitress was great at breakfast and was able to get a special entree for me. The bed was a little saggy but the pillows and bedding was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your comments concerning the bedding. Your comfort is very important to us and we apologize that you found the mattress not to be firm enough or even a little saggy. We will make every effort to correct this.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Good service, excellent staff. Well kept lobby, pleasant atmosphere. The drawbacks were the bathroom was stained and awkward, furnishings damaged and scuffed. Needs a renovation and update, particularly in bathroom.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank 176Linda72

Good News, we are in the design phase of renovating our guestrooms including the bathroom. We are pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service experience. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Here for just one night and hotel selected because I had a meeting near by. Not sure I would recommend for someone on leisure looking to visit the theme parks. Large hotel with a slight 1980's style block facade in an area with offices and another hotel. Hotel looked like it might of had a refurbishment in the public area within the last few years but it just seems very dark and uninviting. Bedrooms large enough and adequate. The large Altmonte Springs shopping mall is just up the road. Hotel staff very welcoming, especially the nice gentleman (Canadian I think but sorry..can't recall his name?) who was working in the SPG lounge. He was a great ambassador for the hotel as was taking time to chat to guests and provide drinks/snack for all. Overall, OK hotel, good staff - just check the location works for your needs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments concerning the lighting in the renovated lobby. We have the ability to adjust the lighting to give a more inviting feeling and we will adjust accordingly. Though we are not located at the theme parks doors we offer a great value if you are up to a short drive.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times and they have always exceeded my expectations for service. Luis in the restaurant was amazing as were all of the staff at the hotel. Definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the comments concerning the great service, especially the mentioning of Luis. We are looking forward to your next visit.