“Nice place, depending on where your room is” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs

Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Oxford, AL
“Nice place, depending on where your room is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We had a room on the Executive Floor (7). Nice that they offered some perks; however, they didn't keep things stocked for breakfast or snacks. There was a soccer tournament going on, which they more than knew about. My hubby tried to get breakfast one morning, but they ran out of food 90 minutes into it and didn't seem to care.

Our room was right across from the ice machine....yes, it was in the hallway with no sound barriers but the door to our room. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep at all. Aside from the poor placement of the ice, I wish people would think about others....do you really need all that ice at 2am?

They are upgrading the HVAC, but our room didn't have the new system yet. It was quite noisy. Yeah, between the air and ice we had some serious baggage we carried under our eyes

On the bright side, it is a (mostly) modernized hotel with some neat perks. They offered a movie night on the weekends with popcorn!

If we come back to the area, we'd consider staying again....just FAR AWAY from the ice machines.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We understand that a good nights sleep is very important and we apologize that you were unable to maximize your comfort. Your comments are very important to us and we will keep them in mind as we find solutions to the noise caused by the ice machine and AC unit. Although you suffered some disappointments we were happy to hear that you would stay at our hotel during your visit to our area. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
White Plains
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Hilton in Altamonte Springs (Orlando) is a nice hotel, in a central location. You have just about anything you need nearby -- mall, health food store, Publix (groceries), etc. The only problem is that with all of this, there also comes quite a bit of traffic in the area (especially on the main street, SR 436).

The hotel itself has nice amenities including hot tub, sauna, spa, etc.
The one word of caution I have is to carefully review your bill before checking out. Ours had several errors on it. The front desk staff was wonderful and cleared it right up and were apologetic, but this should NOT have happened in the first place!!

Also, when ordering room service, if paying by credit card, be 'aware'.... the young lady who brought up the tray took the credit card and then said 'I'll be right back' and proceeded to disappear for 10 minutes! This is not a good business practice in my opinion!
(Fortunately, there were no extra charges on the card, and the young lady was quite nice, but I have Not seen this handled in this manner before!)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by using your credit card for room service. We will use your comments as we discuss how to make the process better for the guests that choose not to leave a credit card at the front desk when checking in for incidentals. Thank you for commenting that the hotel is in a great location and has nice amenities. Have a safe Holiday season.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

The Hilton in Altamonte Springs is located directly off the I-4 interstate. If you are looking for a place to stay and are needing a quality, quiet, friendly staff- then you found it! This hotel is all of that and more! Located a few miles east of downtown Orlando. Minutes away from any restaurant you could imagine. Less than a mile from the mall. Overall- a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the quality of service and products that our hotel has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to express your experience, we are looking forward to your next visit.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

This Hilton is north of Orlando. It is a good and solid Hilton hotel, particularly for business travellers. The hotel is in a quiet part north of Orlando. Bit far from all the traditional Disney/Universal attractions. Apart from that, its location is very good. Near I-4 with several malls, restaurants and suburban venues very near.

The hotel has plenty of parking, business center, gym, pool, conference rooms, etc. The hotel lobby greets you with a recently renovated bar and restaurant. The bar staff was very very friendly. The bar is well stocked and serves good food. My highlight of the hotel is the bar and its immediate surrounding area.

I stayed in a Concierge level room. The Concierge level has a great continental breakfast included. In the evenings they set up a small bar with bites to eat. The concierge level lounge staff was very friendly! The room was ample and very comfortable. My only complaint is the size of the bathroom. Very small and cramped.

All in all, a solid Hilton hotel.

Room Tip: Concierge Level worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Hilton in Altamonte Springs. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a great price value. Our employees appreciate the recognition. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts they are important to us.
FREDERICKSBURG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed on a Saturday night the end of September. Hilton quality hotel. Located in quiet,corporate office neighbothood. Staff very friendly and professional. Price was a deal for Hilton ....Location right off of I-4 with plenty of eating places and bars. rooms clean and comfortable as I would expect from a Hilton. Will definitely stay here again as I stay in Altamonte Springs 2-3 times a year

Room Tip: I have found reservations thru the Hilton site to be the best prices, especially if you are a reward...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I apologize for not responsing to your posting earlier than today. We appreciate your comments concerning your stay and are pleased that you found a great value. Safe travels and we hope to see you again.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel is beautiful. Great for an event. The bar is beautiful as well. The rooms are very clean and nice, and the hotel location is perfect: right off the highway. The only thing I would improve on is the breakfast on the executive floor. It was very minimal and unhealthy compared to other Hilton hotels. Some feggs (fake eggs), bacon, watery coffee and pastries. But overall, my stay was satisfactory. I would stay again.

Side note - I can't have gluten, so the breakfast thing was more bothersome to me than maybe others. I could only have the bacon and some orange juice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay. Your comments concerning the breakfast choices are important to us and we will use them in order to improve the menu. We appreciate your partronage and look forward to your next visit.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton recently and requested a crib for my child. The man at the front desk could not have been more rude about it. When got in around midnight, I asked the man at the front desk about a crib. He told me he couldn't guarantee one, and it was subject to availability (i was shocked he was being smart with me while im standing there at midnight with a one year old!). I then asked, well is there a crib available for the next like 7 hours? Fast forward to receiving the crib... A wooden tollway crib was brought in by security about 10 minutes later. No sheet for the plastic mattress. But most importantly - I was AFRAID to put my child in it. Slats missing! The whole thing rocked, swayed and shook. If I put my child in that crib we wouldn't ended up at the hospital. I would've called the front desk, but it was late and I really couldn't handle Mr. Personality again that night. So we put baby in the bed and took turns watching him through the night. He did try to climb up on the crib from the outside and got his foot in where the slat was missing.

I took a video of the crib, but unfortunately this review only allows pictures. I've uploaded it to YouTube: http://youtu.be/t0k6ZHc9v0s

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MommyMouse1234
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We’re very sorry for the disappointing level of customer service you received at our front desk. Unfriendly staff is not typical at our hotel and I have addressed this issue. We appreciate you alerting us about your experience with the crib and I can assure you that the safety and security of all of our guests is a top priority. We are addressing this as well. I hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area but please feel free to contact me directly if you have any more questions or concerns.

Frank Cirrincione
407/830-1985
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando...
#3 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,115 reviews
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando ...
#6 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#5 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 6 in Maitland

Been to Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs? Share your experiences!