“Great Hotel - Very Clean - Quiet - Reasonable - Awesome Staff”

Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We recently stayed at this Hilton location for our children's Spring Break. The location was perfect - near everything including the mall, Ross, Walmart, Marshalls - tons of other shopping and great and trendy restaurants and deli's - Jason's Deli, Chili's, Friday's and other very quaint pizzeria's - anything you may want. Very quiet and safe neighborhood. The staff was excellent. Despite the hotel being full, there was not any noise. The lobby was always peaceful. Rooms were very clean and the rooms were a great size for the four of us. The pool was lovely and also peaceful and very clean. Bathrooms right by the pool with towels always on hand. Free bottled water was available to us daily when you used the gym - easy access - right by the pool also. The large lobby contained a deli with a variety of foods from fruit, parfaits, breakfast sandwiches, deli sandwiches and a variety of other snacks and drinks. There was a bar in the lobby also, and a full gym - great size, and spa. We are frequent travelers and I had to post on this hotel! We were pleasantly surprised and more than happy with our time there - 7 nights. Would definitely stay there again!!! Great hotel, very clean, great price and not noisy. Loved it! Plus, we only paid $69 per night through Expedia! Even better!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TLD1976
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

We were very please to read that your experience at the Hilton in Altamonte Springs exceeded your expectations and the added benefit of being able to get one of our promotional rates made it even better. Thank you for your patronage, we hope to see you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I really can not recommand this place. First of all it is totally outside and staff is not helping out since they are so few of them. When I arrive, the 'charming' receptionist did not inform me of anything, when you go at the pool side (the manager that pays his staff USD 4.- an hour counting that they will make the additional in tips) do not count on any service. I was told that would be charged as room service. With usd 3 'room service'+ usd 18% service charge. They were at least 30 people lying there. I would be the manager I would be around the week end and to show the example!

Ast but not least, I asked 3 times and to 3 different persons to get the missing teas in my room (the mate forgot to refill it) and obviously they did not care at all.

Besides do not ke any room ending with 15 because you'll get one with view and clear noise on the highway!

Otherwise the extra king size bed was really good!

Hilton has lost what they had left in this hotel!!

Bad surprise!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank lorenzino1971
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for not providing the proper service that our customers have come to expect during their stay. We sincerely promise to be properly staffed and exceed your service expectations if given another opportunity.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

The hotel is tucked down a street that looks like a neighborhood street. Large oaks dot the landscape and give the area surrounding a comfortable feeling. The property is backed up against I-4 but no traffic noise was apparent from my 4th Floor room. The view from the window was somewhere in the middle between not exactly scenic and not exactly city. If you look straight out you have a very unique building over the tops of the tree line to study. Straight down and you have what is probably the conference center roof, which for a roof was not too bad. The room had two beds minus the traditional ugly bedspreads, and 4 nice feather pillows on each. Small appliances include a nice sized flat screen TV which I never turned on, an iron, and a hair dryer hanging in a bag on the back of the bathroom door. In the “office” area / desk they advertised wireless provided by AT&T. It was free of interference and FREE of cost, which was very nice. Lacking in the room is a table or something to place your suitcase. Bad designs include, the bathroom door which opens in and cannot be opened if someone is on the toilet or as was in my case you throw down a towel for stepping onto when you exit the shower and although there is a full length mirror on the closet door, it opens out towards the bathroom which blocks the entrance to it. The shower/bath itself was average with a slightly adjustable shower head located high enough for my 6’2” height. Shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion and bar soap with a great scent are the accessories found within. Three bath towels are located on a rack in the tub/shower but due to the lack of large spray are safely away from harm. The good news is the water was hot even in the morning hours. The air conditioning, which in this hotel with no ability to open the windows was better than most even though the controller was not operating correctly. It still got down to accidental but welcomed 67 degrees overnight on a day which had a high of 83. The hotel lobby décor is very impressive and looks like something you might see in a hotel of more “star power”. The best part of my stay was my visit to the hotel bar. I stopped in on a Wednesday night around 9pm and the place was hopping! Easily 50 people in bar that seemed a bit like an afterthought for its layout stuck in a corner somewhat. Decorated with Tvs tuned in to the local basketball team seemed appropriate for those who cared and a splash of music served up with quite the variety just loud enough to hear and not enough to dominate the conversation. The drinks were served up by two very attractive women who took turns recognizing everyone by name, yes you did read that right, they called everyone by their first name. I was VERY impressed with the level of service, smiles and laughter abound. The drinks themselves are reasonable for a hotel bar with my call brand coming in at $6.75. All drinks are free-poured and generous catering to a wide variety of people all made to feel quite at home, this is the primary reason to stay here above competitors around this location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

We were happy to read your review of the Hilton in Altamonte Springs especially the comments concerning the bar staff and the service you received. Thank you for your comments we are looking forward to your next visit, especially the bar staff, who will remember you.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We have stayed here once before, and find the hotel very nice, and clean. The only complaint about the rooms is how the bathroom door is situated; it swings practically into the toilet, and with the bifold closet door right outside, if that door isn't closed then it's very awkward getting in and out. The bed was comfortable. Like many hotel rooms, the air conditioner was noisy as it cycled throughout the night. Nice gym, although there was never any water available (apparently due to sports teams staying there) and even after asking for it, it took awhile. The lobby is spacious, and the bar, etc make it a nice meeting place. There was a sale of baby goods while we were there so there were alot of pregnant women walking in and out, which was interesting to watch; and an Indian wedding one evening which made the lobby off limits to guests. Staff were friendly and helpful. We had a great rate, and would definitely stay here again. Also--one other thing: if one opted to take the stairs instead of the elevators, they led outside instead of into the lobby. A little inconvenient if it rained......

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Hilton in Altamonte Springs. We appreciate the positive remarks concerning your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayerd in this hotel again as it was close to the office and I'm a Hilton guy. The issues remain the same as last time as this hotel has an upgraded lobby and bar, but is sorely in need for the rest. Please fix the wireless internet in the rooms as the speed is treadful. Ieventually just used my wireless 3G card which was slow, but better than what is offered by the hotel.

2  Thank JetsMan

We are working on the upgrade to the internet that will resolve the issue that you mentioned in your review and hope to have that completed soon. Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience while staying at our hotel we appreciate your comments.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed at this property on business in March of 2011 and wrote a review that pointed out some opportunities for improvement. Mr. Frank Cirrincione, the GM sent me a letter shortly after my review to discuss my concerns. So, on a return business trip to Orlando with our North American Team, I did not hesitate to book my stay at this location (others on my team booked at the Embassy Suites). My stay was pleasant and I did not experience any issues and certainly not those noted in my previous review. My Executive Level Suite was very nice and comfortable. The staff was pleasnt and always eager to assist. I love how when you walk by the front desk there always seems to be a staffer there to greet you (nice touch). I used the Executive Level amenities and also dined in the restaurant for breakfast. Just an overall, great stay. My co-workers indicated that they did not have any issues during this stay as well. The hotel is near everything! Dining, shopping, running/walking trail are all within a short walk from the property.

Room Tip: pay the extra for Exec. Level or request if Diamond-level HH
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Thank you for giving us another opportunity to prove that we are a great hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write the review concerning your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Altamonte for 8 nights and overall I was very happy.

It is a large hotel with something like 300 rooms. The rooms are spacious and nice. I suspect it was refurbished within the last couple of years. The linens were plain white with a quilt rather than blankets. The room had the standard Hilton coffee maker and media radio that allows you to play your mp3. The bathroom was clean and a good supply of toiletries. The only thing they forgot in the refurbishment was the shower head. It was a bit of “dance around the shower” trying to get wet.

The internet was useless. They have sub contracted the hotel wireless to AT&T and it’s free. However when you managed to get connected it was so slow it was unusable. For the first three days it kind of worked for me. Then from mid stay I could connect but every page I went to just timed out. I went to bed with it connected and overnight some emails arrived so it did come back to life at some point. However I had a real work issue I needed to sort so went to the Business Center and the internet in there was great. The business center has 3 computers and I took the network cable from one and the speed was great, but it was iBahn not AT&T. If they could get their wireless in the room working like their business center I would return, but as a business traveler bad internet would stop me going back there.

The bar (called U Bar) and the restaurant (called the U Restaurant) are in the lobby area opposite the front desk but private and it had a good atmosphere. The bar offers a good range of draught beer and a nice selection of wines by the glass. The menu is small but offers a good choice of options. Over the 8 days we ate there 3 times and I can recommend the Fish & Chips.

Other than the internet, the only other thing that was annoying was the smoking area which is just by the front door so leaving and coming there is a very bad cigarette smell which was the first and last impression of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CheapEnglishman
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Hilton in Altamonte Springs. I apologize that the internet was such a point of frustration for you during your stay. We have discovered that the routers, that are located in some of the guestrooms, have been unplugged by guests to plug in their devices rendering problems for internet users. We recognize this as a design flaw and are working with AT&T wireless to relocate the routers so this can not happen again. Thanks for the comments concerning the good experiences you had in the restaurant.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando...
#3 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#5 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 6 in Maitland
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando ...
#7 of 14 in Altamonte Springs

Been to Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs? Share your experiences!