“Don't trust the website or Southwest website.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Altamonte Hotel and Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Altamonte Hotel and Suites
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Lee, Massachusetts
“Don't trust the website or Southwest website.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel, although a good hotel, is now involved in a bait and switch. they have a promotional rate of $55.20 on their website when you stay several days. I thought I would get that rate, but was told that the offer ended a few minutes ago when my credit card wouldn't go through. They offered me my room at the full rate of $69.00 a night if I wanted it. I declined and waited a week and checked again. Same rate on the web site, same pitch when I called This time there were no more rooms available at that price. I'm staying at the Ramada across the street, where the rates are as advertised and cheaper than the "special" at Hojo's. Pity for them that I'm going to my son's wedding and several other family members have asked where I would stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Sebring, Fl.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hotel needs a lot of work. The keys for the doorsdidn't work at all. For my door it took me from 10 to 20 tries to get it open. I sure hope the business I was on don't have their meeting there next year. I was told you gave them a good deal for your hotel rooms but the rest was terrible. The ceiling fell ib in the resturant, Young people had a party the last night I was there and there was beer bottles, food garbage all over because of them. The people I came in contact with were very nice and tried to help us out. I would praise your help. Elevators sisn't aleays work but they tried to keep them up. This hotel really needs an overhaul soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I used to come and stay at this facility when it used to be the Holiday Inn, and never had any issues with my stay. First of all, the room had a bad mildew smell, there were roaches all over the room. I called the front desk and was moved to another room and it smell like mildew too. I suffer from allergies so it was a disaster, but I left it like that.

I don't know who owns this Hotel, but my advise is you need to invest on this hotel, because is falling apart.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tisha G
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel three times to attend a conference. The first year there were homeless people approaching guests for hand outs.
The second year the hotel had installed security doors that required a room key to get to the room areas. However I had a trailer stolen from the parking lot and my vehicle was vandalized with the gas tank punctured. The hotel had security cameras but not in the area that I had parked. No hotel employee noted that the parking lot I was using had no security cameras.
The third year ( last week) the security doors were never locked, even after it was brought to the attention of the hotel staff. A guest was mugged in the parking lot aroung 9 am. This is the last time I will attend the conference at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the building without outside entrances are the best.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HJPOrlando, General Manager at Altamonte Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear guest,

I sincerely apologize for your experience. There was an ownership and management change at the beginning of last year. During that time we have made quite an effort to improve the property and increase guest satisfaction. After the change, we did indeed add security doors around the hotel. During your stay several years ago, we were not here so I cannot tell you why or how anyone homeless would have approached you, we certainly keep a vigilant eye here and we haven't had any similar issues. As for the person who was mugged by a patron of McDonalds in broad daylight (this happened in the afternoon), we can't control that; the owner of the hotel personally consoled the guest when she walked through the entrance and even gave her a free stay since her home had burned down and the Red Cross could not assist her further. It's truly a shame that we live in such a world, but to vilify the hotel and its staff when it does everything possible to help those less fortunate, that sir, is wrong. As for your trailer being stolen, your car being vandalized, and the gas tank being punctured, the police department can verify that we haven't had any similar problems and intend on keeping our hotel secure to the best of our abilities.
CENTEREACH, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at this site 10 years ago, Must say it was much improved,
It is a valued place to stay.
The pool is impressive, Did not dine there, but there is a nice lounge,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Hobe Sound
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Enjoyed everything about the place and would stay again. Food was good and rooms were very quiet. The pool was very refreshing after a day of work. Happy hour helped too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

NAPLES
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed in the Diamond bldg even tho it added $20 to the night. Def worth it. Very nice room with 2 queen beds and couch and chair. Everything clean and quiet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family