“Great place to stay for the value and the pool waterfall is unique and gorgeous.”

Altamonte Hotel and Suites
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We needed an inexpensive place to stay while we were vacationing and visiting family. The employees were nice and courteous. The complimentary continental breakfast was average. We would stay again when we visit our family.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Butler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We started out in room 139 (King size bed with sofa bed), first thing we noticed when walking in, was a musty smell. I walk over to turn the light on for the bathroom, it doesn't work. I pick up two DIFFERENT phones to call the front desk, neither works, so we decided to tuff it out for the night and make the best of things. It was a smoking room, no ashtray, had to use a cup with water. We go to sit on the sofa and watch TV, it is so damp in the room from the A/C that the sofa felt wet. We decided to move to the bed, same problem. It did not give a very good nights sleep. Also, when taking a shower, no water pressure. When we got up the next day, all of our clothes were damp from it being so moist!

The next day we headed out early and returned late. I had to walk to the front desk, since neither phone worked, on the complete other side of the building. Explain all that is wrong with the room. He apoligized and offered another room, so I accept and at 1 am we are finally moving our things to room 147 a few rooms down. Needless to say, it was pointless. First thing I notice when we walk in, a bug crawling accross the floor. I look in the garbage, there is still garbage in the can!! This room did have an ashtray.....A DIRTY ONE!! Same smell as the last room, we actually had to turn off the A/C to prevent the bed from becoming damp like the last one. Checkout time was Noon, on our last day we decided to sleep in a little however the hotel staff decided we didn't need to. At 8:45 AM I hear a pounding on our door, I try to ignore it however it just keeps coming. I open the door to find a hotel worker with a clipboard, she woke us up just to ask if we were checking out that morning. Is that not what my reservations say?!?!?! There was no need to wake me when you could have just looked at your clip board. Never even apoligized for waking us. I would never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HJPOrlando, General Manager at Altamonte Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
While it was sad to have spoken to you under these circumstances, i'm glad we were able to make things up to you afterward. I have met with the housekeeping staff to remind them that they should not disturb guests early in the morning and to call the front desk to ensure they do not disturb sleeping guests.

Leigh, feel free to contact me when you're ready to visit again, and we will certainly ensure that your next stay is comfortable and enjoyable.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We held our family reunion at this wonderful hotel last weekend. Although the decor is a little out dated over all hotel was nice. Check in was quick and the customer service was great. The hot breakfast was wonderful each morning we stayed and the ladies working the breakfast were so helpful and polite. There was one person that it felt like she was just there working for us. She served our dinner that we had, then greeted us bright and early for breakfast and back again to check on us when we had our cookout it felt like she was part of our family. After getting feedback from my family the only complaint we would have was the pool. We had a pool party and the pool was green, but since everyone assured us that it was safe we were still able to enjoy the day. Overall our stay was great! And the people were great!

Room Tip: The rooms with the indoor hallway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I am a frequent traveler. This has got to be on the top of anyone's list of being HORRIFIC!!!
#1. The room was DIRTY!!! Hair in the bathroom EVERYWHERE. After realizing that I didn't have much time before my event to change rooms, I went to the front desk and discussed my issues with a manager. I requested for the room to be re-cleaned while I was attending my event. After coming back from my event, and 'supposedly' the room being re-cleaned...came to still a dirty room. You might say that my standards might be too aggressive. But think about walking into a room where you still find hair that does not belong to you, not only in the bathroom, but also on the microwave. I preferred for my food and drinks to go rotten and warm than to place anything in the refrigerator. I was afraid to open the refrigerator, after what I just saw on the microwave and the bathroom.
#2. The room was near the pool. VERY NOISY!!! I recommend for anyone not to request a room near the pool. Especially since there is a club on the facility. You will not get any sleep :(.
#3. This is the best one. I paid for a room with a king size bed and a sofa bed. After returning from our event, we immediately called the front desk for some bedding for the sofa bed. I was told that they DID NOT have any sheets, blankets or pillows. They informed me that they got hit with a large 'family reunion' and they took all of their extra beddings. REALLY!!!!! Hotels know in advance if they are going to have a large crew, which they knew. They should be prepared to accomodate ALL guests. Especially if offering rooms with a sofa bed. Needless to say that we were not able to utilize the sofa bed and we all shared one bed.
So you see....I don't think that I am being unreasonable when I say: Think about staying in this hotel before booking! It was DIRTY!!! It was NOISY!!! Unless you don't mind those things. But if you are looking for a clean and quiet room...you will NOT find it at this HOTEL!!!!!!

4 Thank Mariay7
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed for a week on vacation to be close to family who live in the area. The hotel and pool were nice for the price we paid. The pool was very large and had plenty of room for swimmers even on the weekend when the hotel was booked. We actually stayed at the hotel 1 day to swim in the pool instead of going to an Orlando attraction. We had a King with sofa sleeper room. The room was spacious and clean. It was serviced daily. We had a room that opened into the courtyard which was nice to keep an eye on the door if all family memebers didn't want to go down to the pool. I will be staying at this hotel again in the future.

1 Thank Amy40342
Fort Myers
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I don't know who these people are writing all the WONDERFUL reviews of this dump, but they certainly didn't stay in the same hotel I did. My sister and I, with our two young children, reserved a room over the phone while still at a Disney Park. We drove in at 8 pm, and were not expecting what we found. Check-in was the normal, and we were given room 239 on the opposite end of the building. After parking, our first red flag was the group of juvenile delinquents running back and forth on the balcony cussing at the top of their lungs. I shrugged it off and proceeded to unload our luggage and go up to our room.

I should have backed right out the door and asked for my money back. The air conditioning was running on low, because when you turned it up, there was a very loud noise emitting from it. The carpet was horribly stained and the room had a humidity level that was off the charts. After spending a short time in the room, we discovered that bed linen, the carpet, chair, EVERYTHING in the room was moist from the humidity emitting from the AC unit.

We were very tired and had an early flight the next morning, so we decided to tough it out. That was a big mistake. After dressing the boys down for bed and doing nightly toiletries, I discovered that the bathroom walls were covered in what could only be BOOGERS that someone had lovingly wiped all around and no maid could be bothered to clean. After I threw up, I proceeded to the wet bed. A restless night was spent, but thank god that the AC was loud since it ALMOST drowned out the sound of the hoodlums partying all around us. NEVER AGAIN. One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you want a GOOD ROOM.
3 Thank AmesW
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize if our other guests offended you, while we try our best to make all of our guests stays are comfortable, at times, some guests can ruin other guests' stays. I reviewed the issues in your room to ensure the next guest doesn't have the same issues in the future; we do our best to ensure the air conditioning works properly, however we cannot always control the weather, which has certainly been abnormal this summer. As for the stains in the bathroom, we were unable to locate the stains you mentioned, but nonetheless our housekeeping team has been refreshed on the proper procedures for cleaning guest baths and rooms.

Aurora, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2012

If you're looking for an average hotel within 30 minutes of attractions and/or beaches, this could be the place. Reasonable prices, therefore reasonable service. I was very surprised that with a hotel almost filled with a sports team - uncontrollable at times - I did not hear a thing. Granted,I was in the "executive wing", but had a family of small Muskateers next door and did not hear a thing. This, to me, rates it high.
As they do have fridge, microvave, etc, the roaches can arrive. Only found and klilled one.
They do not have "Do not disturb" or "Don't need my room done up", so ask when you check in and housekeeping will send up one. I found I needed it for my first couple of days when my sleep patterns were off.
The plusses were that it was located half an hour from everything, Florida Mall, Disney, Universal, ESPN Wide World of Sports - where were needed to be. The Altamonte Mall is just across the street. There are all your major Fast-Food establishments right there. There is a WalMart and Target just up the road, a Walgreens as part of the property,
Also, you exit the property - as you are right at the I-4 - take the sign to Daytona and on your way there is a beach before Daytona called New Sym...don't have the map in front of me, but very similar to Daytona, drive the beach, however not as touristie (ph).
Found though, it must be a hotel that gives great group rates for all the teams that were there.

Room Tip: As mentioned above, the "executive" side of the hotel was best for me. There is no view...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends